Thumbprint Cookies – Dandy Grandma Mitzi To The Rescue!

My mother, Pauline, made actually prissy thumbprint cookies, but unfortunately I never wrote downwards her recipe, too thence I was forced to become online to discovery one, thence I could refresh my memory. I knew the ingredients, but unless you lot bring them inward the correct proportions, you lot won’t halt upwards amongst that perfect melt-in-your-mouth texture these iconic cookies are known for.

Above too beyond the buttery mouthfeel, nosotros likewise desire a cookie that has perfectly smoothen edges, amongst none of the dreaded cracks that rank away a subpar recipe. So, I did an epitome search, too came across a recipe that looked really similar, too believe it or not, it was credited to a Great Grandma named “Mitzi.” Since my terminal call is Mitzewich, that pretty much sealed the deal.

I ordinarily bring to arrange recipes I pocket online, but amongst these, I didn’t demand to alter a thing. They actually were perfect, every bit advertised. So, sincere thank you lot to Stacy from Wicked Good Kitchen, too her Great Grandma, Mitzi.  My Mom would’ve loved these, although she would’ve asked where the chopped walnuts were, since she liked to add together those to hers. 

Speaking of family, if you’re entertaining about of yours during the holidays, these beautiful cookies would brand a lovely improver to your dessert table, which is why I actually produce promise you lot rank them a endeavour soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients to brand xx to 24 Thumbprint Cookies:
1 stick (1/2 cup) soft unsalted butter
1/3 loving cup powdered saccharide (not sifted)
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (5 ounces past times weight)
1/2 loving cup fruit jam to create sum centers

- 325 F. for xv minutes

For the icing:
- Combine powdered saccharide amongst a footling milk or water, too mix until you lot bring a consistency that volition concur its shape when piped.
-->
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close