Memorial Twenty-Four Hours Grilling Special: Hot Domestic Dog Sausage Aka “Hot Dogage”

The sentiment of making actual hot dogs doesn’t actually involvement me that much. Like French fries, together with sushi, I believe hot dogs are best enjoyed out­; preferably at a baseball game game, amongst a mutual depression temperature beer. However, I didn’t tell anything virtually hotdog-inspired sausage hybrids.

This meaty mash-up came virtually thank you lot to roughly lamb kebab experiments. The meat mixture is prepared inwards a similar fashion, together with spell the seasonings are totally different, the theatre texture of the kebab reminded me of a hot dog’s “snap.”

I wondered what would guide house if I did a skewer-less kebab using the same ingredients that would typically become into a hotdog. What happened was ameliorate than I could've expected. I ended upwards amongst a fresh, to a greater extent than oft than non beef sausage, that tasted pretty much precisely similar a hot dog.

Technically, this ended upwards beingness a lot closer to a bratwurst, but I’m pretty certain hot dogs are a to a greater extent than pop search, together with thence that’s what I went with. As always, endure certain to flavour these “to taste.” Just similar when making meatballs, you lot tin ready a pocket-size slice of the mixture, together with adapt from there.

Like I said inwards the video, if you’re looking for something a footling dissimilar for your Memorial Day cookout, I promise you lot hand these hot domestic dog sausages a try. Enjoy!


Ingredients for iv Giants Hot Dog Sausages:
1 1/4 pounds lean position down beef (10 to 15% fatty is fine)
1/4 pound position down pork
4 tsp kosher tabular array salt (1/2 ounce past times weight)
2 tsp dark pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp granulated onion powder
1/3 loving cup H2O ice water
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close