Dry-Aged Prime Number Rib – Ane Waited 42 Days To Last Confused

If you’re thinking of dry-aging your real ain Prime Rib of Beef for the holidays, thus you lot actually demand to sentinel this video. You mightiness larn a affair or two, as well as there’s fifty-fifty a gamble you’ll yet wishing to attain it. By the way, I’m non trying to discourage you, since it is a fun, as well as fascinating foodie project, which does create a delicious, juicy, as well as tender Prime Rib, but if you’re subsequently “that funk,” thus similar me, you lot may survive a niggling disappointed.

I’ve dry-aged meat before, but never longer than a calendar week or so, as well as subsequently doing lots of inquiry (mostly on Serious Eats), I knew I’d convey to acquire at to the lowest degree xxx days to bask whatsoever form of noticeable alter inward favor. So I decided to acquire good by that, as well as ended upward aging it for 42 days earlier it went into the oven. It looked great, as well as it smelled great, but ultimately it did non convey the score of funky fermented goodness I was after.

I’m non certain if I needed to acquire fifty-fifty longer, or my garage refrigerator is lacking inward desirable bacteria, or my saltwater wipe-down sterilized the surface, but whatever the reason, I was left alongside zero to a greater extent than than an amazingly juicy, tender, as well as delicious Prime Rib. That’s non something you’d usually complain about, but subsequently waiting vi weeks, I wanted more.

So, if you lot convey whatsoever advice or theories equally to what happened, or didn’t happen, delight transcend them along. I’m assuming a few of you lot brave souls volition laissez passer this a go, as well as if you lot do, I’d dear to remove heed almost your experience. In the meantime, I’m going to brand an extra funky bluish cheese butter to serve alongside the leftovers, as well as pretend. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 Bone inward Prime Rib (mine was 10 pounds, 8 1/4 subsequently aging)
enough tabular array salt to flavor generously
For the tabular array salt wipe:
1/2 loving cup mutual depression temperature water
2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Roast at 500 F. for twenty minutes, thus trim to 300 F. (or lower), as well as proceed until you lot achieve your desired doneness. I usually describe at 122-125 F. to acquire something unopen to a medium rare subsequently resting.
-->
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close