New Scottish Oatcakes – The Pancake, Non The Paperweight

If y'all Google, “Scottish Oatcakes,” you’ll encounter lots of pictures of what looks similar thick, dense, pressed oatmeal cookies, which is the well-nigh mutual version of this recipe. To hold upwards honest, I’m non a huge fan of those, since they tend to hold upwards real heavy, too filling, too non actually something I desire to characteristic equally the centerpiece for a fancy brunch menu.

However, at that topographic point is about other pancake-like version, too this is my twist on that. I should’ve likely come upwards up alongside my own, to a greater extent than appropriate name, but I actually love proverb “Scottish Oatcakes,” too it merely sounds similar something you’d desire to swallow for breakfast.

Once y'all mix upwards your batter, y'all tin develop it correct away, which produces something that looks identical to what nosotros convey here, except the texture volition hold upwards much to a greater extent than toothsome. I practice bask that approach, but if y'all permit the mixture sit down for a while, the oats function along to soften, resulting inward a creamier center. I’ve also permit this become overnight, which volition order y'all a texture real similar to actual oatmeal. 

Regardless, you’re all the same going to larn a beautifully browned, crusty exterior; too it’s that contrast that makes this too thus unique. Some people similar to add together dried fruit to these, but I practice not. The same goes for the traditional pinch of cinnamon, since I actually don’t desire these to sense of savor similar oatmeal raisin cookies. As usual, accommodate yourself, but either way, I actually practice promise y'all order these peachy oatmeal pancakes a seek out soon. Enjoy!



Ingredients for vi Scottish Oatcakes:
(this is entirely two portions, too thus experience costless to double or triple the recipe)
1 cups *rolled oats
1 loving cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 large egg
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 loving cup **self-rising flour
1/4 loving cup melted butter for panfrying

* I used the regular kind, but if y'all convey to utilization the minute ones, I likely wouldn’t develop them. I’d merely mix them alongside the cream, too permit it sit down until the mixture thickened up. By the way, this is merely a theory, equally I’ve never attempted.

** If y'all don’t convey self-rising flour, merely add together 1/4 loving cup of all-purpose flour, addition 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, too an extra pinch of salt.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close