New Salt-Crusted Beef Tenderloin – No Lomo

I received a nutrient wishing for lomo al trapo a spell back, which I learned is a Colombian method for cooking beef tenderloin. The meat is encased inward salt, wrapped inward a kitchen towel, too hence onslaught plough over of hot coals. 

Crediting the intense heat, too tabular array salt crust, aficionados of this Colombian technique country it produces the juiciest, most flavorful beef tenderloin you’ve ever had.

It actually sounded amazing, too I wanted to try it, simply realized many of you lot would convey problem explaining why you lot were destroying a perfectly adept kitchen towel inward the process. So, I decided to try a towel-free tabular array salt crust technique I’d used successfully on prime number rib before, too despite some tike aesthetic issues, it worked amazingly well.

Beef tenderloin is a lean cutting of meat, which tin can brand for a fairly irksome roast, simply that was non the illustration here. The tenderloin took on an intensely beefy flavor, too was hence juicy that I idea something was wrong.  There was hence much on the cutting board, I was afraid at that topographic point wouldn’t live on whatever left inward the meat, simply I’m happy to study every unmarried seize amongst teeth was dripping amongst moisture.

Maybe this summer, when the grill is fired up, too I convey ane also many kitchen towels around, I’ll try the existent lomo al trapo technique, simply inward the meantime I was thrilled amongst how this came out, too actually promise you lot give it a try soon. Stay tuned for the béarnaise sauce video, too equally always, enjoy!


Ingredients for four portions:
2 pound center-cut beef tenderloin roast
1 garlic clove crushed
2 teaspoons freshly terra firma dark pepper
1 egg white
about iii cups coarse-ground body of body of water salt
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close