Love To Bake Bò Kho, Vietnamese Beef Stew - Thịt Bò - Aff Indochina # 3



This is i of my favourite dishes at the Vietnamese restaurant. Each fourth dimension I hoped that baguette is available, they ever tell no in addition to inwards the halt I select to consume it amongst rice.

I didn't actually excogitation to brand this, but it seems that I select collected the perfect cuts for this dish over a few weeks. I tend to purchase whatever I meet equally prissy in addition to freeze them. And so, I decided to create this. No regrets!



You tin terminate purpose whatever cutting of beef you lot like, but I intend those amongst marbling or some fatty volition sense of savour awesome. Helen said, i tin terminate purpose flank or fifty-fifty oxtail, too brisket in addition to shank. So, it's upward to your preference.

When I saw Van's recipe, I dear her purpose of the dark cardamom, summation shallots equally well. But I don't select annatto seeds. I asked but about some of my immature homo foodie Vietnamese friends on FB in addition to they said it's ok to omit it if I don't select it. I'm glad, but I am seriously curious whether at that topographic point is whatever divergence inwards taste, too the colour.

My kids surprisingly didn't savour this dish, although they dear carrots in addition to tomato plant based gravies. Only my married adult man in addition to I ate it amongst glee.

FYI, I bought dark cardamom from Chinese herbal shops in addition to the kokosnoot H2O was given to me FOC from the kokosnoot milk stall. They normally discard the liquid from one-time coconuts earlier grating them.


4/5 pictures today are from my phone. There are times when I am but careless amongst my pictures in addition to accidently deleted them when I idea I select edited them. I alone edited the ingredients film in addition to didn't produce the balance in addition to then... similar a shot I couldn't call upward them from the recycle bin. My married adult man won't call upward it from the difficult disk for me, proverb the fourth dimension spent isn't worth it. :-(
So... call upward pics select to brand do.... yell weep cry.

Looking on the vivid side, at to the lowest degree at that topographic point are withal some shots to show...  :-)


Bò Kho

by Wendyinkk
Adapted from recipe-53-bo-kho-beef-stew" target="_blank">Helen in addition to Vans Kitchen

1 kg beef (I mixed brisket amongst shank)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 dark cardamom, cracked
ii inches cinnamon stick
ii pcs star anise (mine was small, I used 3)
iii stalks of lemon grass, bashed
iii Tbsp tomato plant puree
300gm carrots, cutting into slanting chunks
1L kokosnoot H2O or to a greater extent than (or but purpose H2O summation some sugar)

Marinate
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
ii tsp Chinese v spice powder
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced shallot
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 Tbsp fish sauce
Pepper pulverization equally preferred

Baguette or rice to serve

1. Cut beef brisket into 1 inch chunks, in addition to piece shank into 1/2 inch thickness. Put all the marinade ingredients inwards in addition to plow over the beef a skillful rub to contain everything. Leave it to marinate for thirty minutes or a few hours.
2. Heat wok in addition to seat inwards ii Tbsp oil. Saute the garlic until fragrant. Put inwards the spices in addition to fry them for a while. Put inwards the marinated beef in addition to create until all the meat turns opaque.
3. Transfer to a braising pot. Put inwards kokosnoot juice, lemon grass in addition to tomato plant puree. Bring it to a boil. Add to a greater extent than tabular array salt in addition to pepper if it's needed. Cover in addition to allow it simmer for ii hours, until it starts to sense of savour tender.
4. Put inwards carrots in addition to convey it dorsum to a boil. Let it simmer for some other 30-40 minutes until carrots are tender.
5. Serve amongst sliced baguette or rice.


I made this baguette amongst no recipe because I forgot to buy
I but dumped some flour, water, yeast, tabular array salt in addition to footling flake of crude oil together.


I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest Indochina Month
hosted past times Kelly of Kelly Siew Cooks


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close