Love To Bake Ginger Double Boiled Custard 姜汁炖蛋 - Aff Hk Macau Desserts #2


I start heard of this dessert inwards a Hong Kong TVB series when I was a kid. The actress, Miu Siew Wai proceed on hollo for the human being she loves to swallow this steamed egg dessert. Then my mom tried making this together with it was hoooooooooooorible. It was eggy, smelly together with ultra sweet. Well, my mom loves all things sugariness together with her tolerance score for saccharide is agency way agency higher than mine. I convey amend tolerance at i time than when I was a kid, exactly still, nowhere nearly my mom’s





When I intend of making this, I can’t forget the horrible experience. Since this is a real Chinese dessert, I don’t desire to add together inwards vanilla. So, ginger volition hold out a wonderful choice.
I’ve read inwards roughly blogs, to purpose upwards the milk inwards failed attempts to brand ginger milk curd, egg is added together with steamed, together with therefore that the gingered milk tin move hold out rescued together with eaten.

But, I don’t desire this to hold out every bit gingery every bit that. Mild plenty to larn rid of the eggyness is skillful enough.
I tried making amongst a few ratios of egg : milk together with  I uncovering this is my favourite.
If y'all don't desire to pose inwards ginger, y'all tin move purpose fifty-fifty less sugar.


Ginger Steamed Egg Custard
past times WendyinKK

1 large egg
200ml fresh milk
3tsp saccharide (more if y'all similar it sweeter)
ii tsp ginger juice**

1. Lightly whisk eggs amongst saccharide together with ginger juice. Let it sit down for 10 minutes until the eggs plough watery. Gently stir it to brand certain all the saccharide has dissolved.
2. Gently combine amongst milk (try non to comprise air).
3. Strain the mixture.
4. Prepare a steamer, pose H2O until it’s 1/2 inch inwards a higher house the steaming rack. Bring to a boil.
5. Pour egg mixture into prepared ramekins/cups. Cover amongst lid or aluminium foil.
6. Turn rut to lowest together with pose the filled ramekins onto the steaming rack. (the H2O should non bubble at all)
7. Cover together with double boil it for xxx minutes.
8. Custard is laid when it doesn’t budge when lightly tilted.

*I prefer using the wok to steam every bit the rut is non every bit intense every bit a pot
** Grate ginger together with house grated ginger inwards palms, together with mash the juice out.

smooth together with wobbly :)


I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest Hong Kong Macau Month
hosted past times Annie of Annielicious Food
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close