Love To Bake Made-From-Scratch Ricotta Cheese Ravioli

Made-From-Scratch Cheese Ravioli

This afternoon I conquered the mighty mystery of homemade ravioli. Ruth (Ryan's Mom) gave me her pasta maker too ravioli molder a twosome weeks ago. To say I was stoked out of my withdraw heed to have them is a consummate understatement. I dear love dear them. Thank you!

I wanted to skip the regular spaghetti too linguine setting on the pasta maker, too caput direct to the ravioli beastie. After all, I already had a good shot at making those ii pasta styles a twosome years ago.

I started out alongside a uncomplicated filling this time, but can't await to endeavour making ravioli alongside meat side yesteryear side time. The recipe I used for the cheese filling (adapted from my Mom's lasagne-filler) is every bit follows:

2 cups ricotta cheese
2/3 loving cup cottage cheese
1 egg
salt too pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 loving cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 loving cup Italian cheese mix

Put the cheese mixture inward a "frosting" piping bag, alongside a round off tip. That agency it would move much easier to dollop the mix within the ravioli cups. Store the mixture inward the refrigerator land yous brand your ravioli pasta "dough".

To brand the pasta dough, I used THIS recipe (below). I every bit good learned I involve to brand the dough MUCH thinner therefore it doesn't guide hold forever to develop through - this volition hopefully exit to a greater extent than room for filling than I had. I ended upwards alongside close a loving cup of leftover cheese filling. Next time, my friends, side yesteryear side time.

----

"Yield: close 1 lb. of fresh pasta
 
Ingredients:

1½ cups all-purpose flour, addition to a greater extent than for operate surfaces
1½ cups semolina flour (I couldn't discovery it at my local grocery store, therefore I but used regular flour instead)
½ tsp. salt
4 large eggs
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. water, addition to a greater extent than every bit needed

Directions:
Combine the flours too common salt inward a bowl or on a operate surface, creating a good inward the centre (I but had my handy Kitchen Aid mixer addition the dough claw guide hold attention of job concern through these steps).  Crack the eggs into the well.  Using a mixer or yesteryear hand, slow mix, incorporating the flour into the egg mixture a picayune fleck at a time.  Once yous guide hold a dry, shaggy dough, mix inward the olive crude oil too H2O too knead yesteryear manus until the dough is fairly shine too homogenous.  Divide the dough into iv portions too encompass alongside a damp towel.  Let residue for xx minutes.  At this point, maintain alongside thinning (Using Ruth's pasta maker!) and cutting every bit desired, depending on equipment available.

(This is where I used the ravioli mold. I set the flattened dough on the ravioli molds, pressed downward inward the picayune cups, piped the filling into the molds, too therefore set about other layer of flattened pasta dough on top. Then, here's the coin step: I pressed downward land rolling the wooden rolling pivot over the entire mold - therefore the molding cutting through the private squares (you tin variety of run into the zig-zag molding inward the movie below. This was earlier I pose on the top layer).

To cook, develop noodles inward a large pot of boiling (salted) H2O for 3-5 minutes or until al dente. (I had to develop mine much much longer, they were pretty thick).  Drain good too serve immediately."

-----

I know I'm withal a beginner, too my part-Italian Mother-in-law volition likely disown me for all the hard-core pasta-making rules I've broken (shield your eyes!) But I'm glad I tried - too volition most sure enough move making this over again sometime.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close