Love To Bake Tonkotsu Ramen- Aff Japan Butaniku #1


Alan's blog for the introduction post

I honey tonkotsu ramen.
That thick mucilaginous broth that makes my lips experience smackingly yummy.
I read upward arecipe" target="_blank"> few recipes as well as at that spot are recipe/" target="_blank">many recipes.com/blog/tonkotsu-ramen-recipe/" target="_blank">many versions around. Some are really very basic as well as around alongside to a greater extent than ingredients.



The kickoff fourth dimension I tried making this at home, I used solely pork bones as well as it wasn't smacking enough, as well as thence I wasn't happy alongside it. I simply made the basic alongside bones as well as I felt something was actually missing, as well as I remembered that recipes.com/blog/tonkotsu-ramen-recipe/" target="_blank">Marc added inward around onions as well as garlic. And thence I tried alongside 1 bulb of each and.. yeah, it was it! That flavour that I was looking for. But when served alongside the ramen.. the whole broth simply went dull. It wasn't robust enough. The mucilaginous component division wasn't obvious too, although I cooked it for three days (few hours each day), next around other recipe.

I told myself, I must laid upward this again. I called my mom to assist me purchase around leg bones 1 time to a greater extent than as well as she said, she has organic leg pork bones inward her freezer of which she said, makes the soup fifty-fifty whiter, as well as my blood brother doesn't favour it. Haha, thence I simply snapped them over. I bought around chicken feet as well as saved the tips, each fourth dimension I cooked chicken. When all the ingredients were ready inward my freezer, I made this 1 time to a greater extent than alongside to a greater extent than garlic than earlier :)

first bowl, forgot the garlic as well as seaweed, added them inward later taking this pic..but the  egg looks thence good, LOL

The previous fourth dimension I was also likewise chickened to hand notice the garlic. This time, I permit it like shooting fish in a barrel plow dark on my pan. It wasn't smoking as well as nicely blackened.

I also went to the extend of making my chashu as well as serving it alongside this. The few spoons of chashu gravy into the ramen added the divergence too.
This time, it was spot on for me. Just the means I desire it.
Good plenty without MSG or whatever packaged stock.

Without the garlic as well as onion, the broth is milky white. but 1 time you lot set these in.. it turns beige

Tonkotsu Ramen
yesteryear WendyinKK
Ref: recipe/" target="_blank">Shizuoka Gourmet as well as recipes.com/blog/tonkotsu-ramen-recipe/" target="_blank">No Recipes
Serves 5

Tonkotsu Broth Base
1.25kg Pork leg bones (halved to let on the marrow) or soup bones
1.25kg chicken feet as well as fly tips
two bulbs of garlic
1 large onion
Salt to taste

1. Bring a pot of H2O to boil. Put inward the pork bones as well as permit it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
2. Discard the boiling H2O as well as launder the bones build clean from scum
3. Bring 6L of H2O to boil. Put inward all the blanched pork bones as well as the chicken feet as well as tips in. Bring it dorsum to a boil as well as lower to a simmer for 8-10 hours (you tin boil it longer).
4. Rinse garlic as well as onion. Slice the onion inward to one-half or thick slices, exit garlic whole. Slowly pan small-scale them alongside around crude until they start to burn. Put them into the pot of simmering broth towards the terminate as well as permit it simmer for 1 hr or two to publish flavour
5. Bring the pot of broth dorsum to a rolling boil for 10 minutes. (I experience this stride is crucial if you lot desire to force the flavours out, the color turns murkier. If you lot mean value it's likewise concentrated.... don't add together to a greater extent than H2O now)
6. Strain the broth as well as press the remnants to to publish every bit much 'juices' every bit you lot can. See how much you lot have, if its likewise little, set the remnants into a pot as well as add together to a greater extent than H2O to the remnants. Bring it to a boil for 1 -2 minutes as well as strain it again, pressing them to publish the broth. (Maximising flavour extraction! LOL) Total terminal broth, non to a greater extent than than 3L, flavour alongside salt.
7. Bring the broth dorsum to a boil when you lot serve. It mightiness endure a chip mucilaginous when cooled due to the gelatin from the bones.

**I split upward the cooking time, I simmered the soup for two hours the dark earlier as well as continued the side yesteryear side twenty-four hours for around other vi hours. Take complaint that the blanching as well as washing of bones takes fourth dimension too, as well as bringing H2O to boil takes time. Plan your hours accordingly. Total fourth dimension is to a greater extent than than 8 hours.
You tin laid upward it longer than 8 hours, but when I tasted it at the sixth hour, it was around at that spot already, the consistency as well as flavour, as well as thence I stopped at 8. It in all probability needs to a greater extent than than 8 hours of continuous simmering every bit mine sat steeping inward the pot overnight.

To serve:

Ramen, cooked
Chashu slices as well as chashu gravy (recipe tomorrow)
Ajitsuke Tomago (soft boiled eggs, marinated alongside chashu gravy)
Nori shreds (I used seaweed snacks, snipped alongside scissors)
Very thinly sliced boundary onions
Burnt garlic oil
Toasted sesame seeds
Wood ear fungus, soaked, blanched as well as thinly sliced

1. Cook ramen according to instructions on packaging.
2. Put onto a noodle bowl. Put inward three Tbsp of chashu gravy. Then transcend alongside two cups of broth.
3. Put on preferred toppings as well as 1/2 tsp burnt garlic oil.

*************************

Burnt garlic oil

1 heaped Tbsp of really finely minced garlic
two Tbsp sesame oil

Slowly small-scale the minced garlic alongside sesame crude until it turns really very dark brown. Turn off the heat, permit it remain inward the pan as well as wait, it volition darken as well as await black.

(Turn the oestrus on as well as off, if it even thence doesn't plow dark plenty later waiting)





After eating this for dinner...and thence for supper.. my hubby as well as I looked at each other as well as the bowl of broth left behind. We decided non to potable it. LOL. Better non overdose although it gustation thence good.



I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest Nippon Month
hosted yesteryear Alan of Travelling Foodies
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close