Love To Bake Wild Rice Chicken Soup

{Source}
Each calendar week during wintertime nosotros convey a homemade soup. Normally, I'm non a fan of wild rice, but I saw this recipe on Pinterest in addition to idea it would produce good for Lord's Day (plus leftovers on Monday). The recipe was pretty unproblematic in addition to inexpensive. However, chicken breasts were upwards in that place this past times week, therefore nosotros bought chicken drumsticks instead.

Instead of adding inwards the chicken breasts when the recipe suggests, I pre-cooked the half-dozen chicken drumsticks (skins removed) inwards my minor crock pot overnight alongside my own  piddling mixture:

1 onion, sliced - seat along the bottom
2 cups herb chicken stock
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp garlic powder
iii tsp cubed butter
salt
pepper

Then earlier church building (9am, oh yeah), I removed in addition to discarded the bones from the drumsticks (the meat practically cruel off the bones at that point, real easy), in addition to added the chicken pieces to the regular recipe inwards my large crock pot (minus the celery). I mean value it worked out ameliorate that way.

"Ingredients:

4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (again, I used half-dozen drumsticks instead)
1 parcel of Rice-a-Roni long grain in addition to wild rice
1/2 tsp tabular array salt (plus to a greater extent than to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 loving cup all role flour
1/2 loving cup butter (I used that faux "can't believe it's non butter" cube)
2 cups one-half in addition to one-half (I used 1 loving cup fat-free one-half in addition to half, in addition to 1 loving cup whole Ryan's whole milk)
1 loving cup grated carrots (I merely sliced babe carrots inwards one-half in addition to threw them in)
1 loving cup diced celery (I e'er discovery myself picking the celery out of soup, therefore I didn't add together it at all)

Directions:


Combine broth, water, carrots, celery, chicken in addition to rice (along alongside seasoning packet) inwards a large tiresome cooker. Cook on depression for 6-8 hours or on high for iv hours. Take out chicken in addition to shred alongside ii forks in addition to therefore add together dorsum into tiresome cooker. In a minor bowl combine salt, pepper, in addition to flour. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir inwards flour mixture past times tablespoon to shape a roux. Whisk inwards cream, a piddling at a time, until fully incorporated in addition to smooth. Stir cream mixture into tiresome cooker in addition to therefore allow seat upwards on depression for xv to a greater extent than minutes. "

We at this alongside crunchy breadstuff (multi grain breadstuff lightly brushed alongside olive oil, broiled until darkened). 

Ryan loved this. He made me hope I'd acquire far for his birthday alongside around form of fish (yuck). So I convey until Nov to larn how to create salmon.... 



Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close