New Smoked Turkey & Boundary Pea Fettuccine – A Pasta From My Salad Days

This rich together with creamy, smoked turkey together with saltation pea fettuccine recipe is inspired past times a pasta I learned long ago, working at my origin existent chef undertaking inwards San Francisco. 

You may have heard me advert Ryan’s Café inwards the past, specially if you’ve tried our famous chicken Marsala, together with it was at this same eating seat where I learned what I even then reckon ane of the best pasta recipes ever.

As I advert inwards the video, the master was done alongside smoked chicken, but for whatever argue smoked turkey is much easier to respect at the market. I blame the sandwich industry, but no worries, equally the turkey is simply equally good. There’s simply something real special virtually the agency the creamy, slightly sweet, aromatic sauce pairs alongside the smoky meat. Which reminds me, this is also wonderful alongside leftover ham.

Regarding what many would reckon the dangerously large quantities of cream, I’d similar to accept a 2nd to practice some math. The recipe makes 4 appetizer size portions. There’s virtually 1 3/4 cups of cream used, which is roughly 350 calories worth of butter-fatty goodness per serving. To position that into perspective, those 2 pocket-size ladles of dressing you lot used during your final trip to the salad bar had virtually the same amount. So, long even out short, relax.

Anyway, straightaway that I’ve armed you lot alongside a comeback for when your (probably equally good thin) friend questions your copious cream usage, I promise you lot plough over this real simple, but extraordinarily delicious pasta recipe a try. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 4 pocket-size or 2 large portions:
8 oz dry out fettuccine noodles, boiled inwards salted water
For the sauce:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced shallot
1 3/4 loving cup heavy cream (about 34-36% fat)
6 oz smoked turkey, sliced
1/2 loving cup greenish peas, frozen or fresh shelled
2 tbsp minced fresh tarragon leaves
salt, pepper, cayenne to sense of savor
1 tsp lemon zest
Parmigiano-Reggiano to garnish

View the consummate recipe

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close