Spanish Farro – An Ancient Recipe For An Ancient Grain

Spanish rice was 1 of the kickoff recipes I made for my parents later on returning dwelling occupation solid from my kickoff semester at culinary school. Ironically, I didn’t larn the recipe inwards class, but rather at a Mexican eatery I worked at part-time.

I don’t retrieve much from that job, or decade, but I’ll never forget how that rice was pose together, together with that’s just how we’re doing it hither – except for 1 small-scale fry detail. We’re non using rice.  

I actually dearest farro, together with convey used it inwards diverse rice preparations, ever amongst swell results. This was no exception, together with perchance my favorite together with thence far. This larger, meatier, “ancient” grain pairs perfect amongst the spices, together with I notice it fifty-fifty easier to gear upward perfectly than rice.

If y'all don’t convey a pan similar the 1 used inwards the video, but gear upward everything inwards a skillet. Once your broth starts to boil, transfer it into a 2-quart casserole dish, twine amongst foil, together with continue every bit directed. Either way, I actually promise y'all laissez passer this a movement soon. Enjoy!  


Ingredients for six portions:
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 loving cup finely diced onions
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons ancho chili powder, or other dried, reason chili
1 teaspoon chipotle
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
3 tablespoons Lycopersicon esculentum paste
1 loving cup “pearled” farro, rinsed, drained well
2 cups chicken broth

- Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes, or until farro is just tender
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close