Love To Bake Akok Kedut Kelantan- Mff Kelantan #5


My favourite Kelantanese kuih!
Akok kedut is translated every bit Wrinkly Akok. Because on the due east coast, Terengganu's akoks are smoothen : )
And in that place are many types of akok too.

When I told my Kelantanese colleagues from Selancar that I loved Jala Mas, they recommended that I endeavor eating akok as well as it's fifty-fifty better. Hmmmm....

One day, during Ramadan  Bazaar inwards Serdang, Selangor, I saw unopen to  akoks beingness sold. So I bought some.
URRGHHHHH! It was disgusting! It tasted similar a soggy cake, close a syrup soaked bahulu that reeked of imitation essence. Eeewww!





My colleagues consoled me, as well as said that sounded bad. And told me, if always I become to Kelantan, I must teach unopen to that is locally made.

Indeed I did. I was converted past times Nik Yam, the majestic kuih maker. I didn't know that it could live on thus delicious.
I bought quite a lot as well as brought dorsum for my household unit of measurement to endeavor as well as it wasn't plenty to become around. Everybody liked it a lot! It was the favourite with all the kuihs that I brought back.

yesterday's breakie, the postal service can't become far to live on posted on the same day, LOL

I made this only yesterday because I was contemplating whether I should brand this, because I know Gertrude volition me making these too. Usually the host as well as organizer volition non brand the same affair because nosotros desire to give away y'all all to a diversity of acre food, but since I've done the minimal 3, I only got to brand these as well as swallow to my heart's delight. This recipe that I used is non every bit sweetness every bit Nik Yam's. I was wanting to brand more, thus I made xviii pcs with this recipe inwards tart pans of which was a mistake. They grew quite broad as well as thin. I should receive got made only 12.  Although I used a higher temperature with the same timing, it didn't appear enough. Maybe my pan wasn't night coloured, thus it wasn't every bit 'hot'. Longer baking fourth dimension volition laissez passer on a to a greater extent than holey kuih, that is distinct of akok kedut. I totally recommend baking it longer than 10 mins. But notwithstanding mine tasted proficient without the holes, soft custardy with a fragrant soft (slightly chewy) crust.


Now, if y'all beloved palm sugar, if y'all beloved coconut.
And if y'all beloved to swallow egg tarts, peculiarly the filling.... the filling that has the texture similar portuguese egg tarts.
Do laissez passer on this ugly wrinkly kuih a risk to laissez passer on y'all paradise.

If y'all are non familiar wih the local food, imagine deflated tropical yorkshire pudding,  fluffy tropical sweetness custard... close similar that.

Use duck eggs for best results : )
But I didnt : (



Akok Kedut Kelantan
Recipe source: Aziejaya with slight adaptations 

five eggs
30gm apparently flour
150gm palm/coconut sugar
125ml water
ii blades of pandan, torn to sparse shreds, or snip with scissors
200ml kokosnoot milk
1/8 tsp salt
crude every bit needed

1. Preheat oven to 200(fan)/220C. Prepare a non stick muffin tin or disposable aluminium egg tart pans. Drop few drops of crude into the  pans. Put these pans into the oven to preheat together.
2. Chop palm carbohydrate into minor pieces. Put into a saucepan together with H2O as well as pandan. Bring to a boil as well as gently simmer it  for five minutes, lid on. Let it cool to warm. (I had 150ml inwards the end)
3. Whisk eggs vigourously as well as thus add together inwards flour+ common salt as well as whisk until no lumps are seen. (no postulate to live on gentle)
4. Strain inwards kokosnoot milk as well as palm carbohydrate syrup. Discard the pandan shreds.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans. (You may non complete all inwards 1 go, only repeat the baking)
6. Bake them for 12 minutes or until the surface is golden brown.

I am submitting this to Gertrude of My Kitchen Snippets


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close