Love To Bake Beef Alongside Arrowhead Stew 慈菇焖牛肉 - Arrowheads #2




I was attracted to this recipe because of the role of Haw inward this recipe. I didn't convey that on mitt as well as and thus I used Haw flakes instead, those circular apartment Chinese candy that nosotros used to consume when nosotros were kids. When I used that, I didn't require to add together inward saccharide every bit well.

The master recipe didn't telephone hollo upward for dark vinegar, but I constitute that it lacked that edge... or perhaps it's because I didn't role dried haw of which is a lot to a greater extent than tangy than haw flakes candy. Maybe adjacent fourth dimension I'll endeavour it amongst dried haw.

For this dish, my wife gladly ate upward everything fifty-fifty the arrowheads of which usually he'll plough over a skip.





The recipe didn't come upward amongst measurements. This is what I used.
Beef as well as Arrowheads Stew 慈菇焖牛肉
Recipe amongst adaptations: WendyinKK
Reference: TT Meishi

400gm beef
1 + two Tbsp lite soy sauce
300gm arrowheads, sliced thickly
10 cherry dates
1 inch ginger, sliced
two shallots, peeled as well as whole
two tubes of haw flakes
two Tbsp dark vinegar
Salt as well as pepper to taste

1. Slice beef into thick matchsticks as well as marinate amongst 1Tbsp lite soy sauce for xxx minutes. Before cooking, mix inward 1 Tbsp oil.
2. Heat wok as well as pose inward two Tbsp oil. When wok is rattling hot, pose inward beef as well as develop the beef until only about parts are golden brown. Push to the side.
3. Put inward shallots as well as ginger as well as develop until fragrant. Push the beef dorsum inward as well as pose inward cherry dates, arrowheads, haw flakes, dark vinegar as well as plenty H2O to cover. Simmer for most 1 threescore minutes or until desired tenderness. Put inward only about other two Tbsp lite soy sauce.
4. Reduce the gravy as well as flavor amongst tabular array salt as well as pepper if needed.



I am submitting this ship service to Chinese New Year's Day Delights 2013 hosted past times Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close