Love To Bake Blood-Red Cooked Duck Amongst Kumquats - Kumquat #1



I'm doing some other kumquat serial this year. I dearest kumquats :)
Whenever I run into kumquats, I intend of Chinese New Year

But I'm non going to create desserts but to a greater extent than towards dishes.
This dish shall travel my first.

Few months dorsum I picked some kumquats from my tree as well as cooked pork ribs amongst it as well as it was delicious. And when I saw this recipe, it was a must displace for me!



I was genuinely planning to purpose chicken. There are exclusively two adults dining hither prove as well as nosotros can't complete upwards 1 duck. Cooking one-half a duck needs storage infinite for the other half. Since I was trying to clear my freezer forthwith inward anticipation for CNY, it's non a proficient thought to purchase to a greater extent than duck. And luck was on my side when my SIL's inlaws asked me if I desire whatsoever costless attain duck! I jumped at the offering as well as said, yep please, one-half a duck!

I made some changes to this recipe due to the availability of ingredients. I can't larn haw powder, I used haw flakes. No cherry ready sauce, I made the seasoning for this dish from scratch amongst basic ingredients.

After cooking the dish, I took some upwards as well as packed it for my SIL's inlaws. They told me, the duck was real fragrant as well as nice. And the woman bring upwards inward constabulary wants to replicate it.

In our opinion, the kumquat genuinely helped to flavour the duck real good as well as masking it's gamey smell. My wife as well as I genuinely liked it as well as I promise you'll similar it too


Red Cooked Duck amongst Kumquats
Recipe by: WendyinKK

600gm duck, chopped into modest pieces
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 inch ginger, thinly sliced
two stalks of dark-green onions (white parts), sectioned
1 star anise
two inches cinnamon stick
iii tubes of haw flakes
two soup spoon of Shaoxing wine
two soup spoon of Light soy sauce
1/8 tsp tabular array salt or every bit needed
10 kumquats
*1 soup spoon=20ml

1. Boil a pot of H2O as well as blanch duck pieces for thirty seconds. Drain.
2. Put blanched duck into wok as well as permit it ready on medium estrus until crude starts to ooze from the duck skin.
3. Put inward ginger, outflow onions, star anise as well as cinnamon stick. Gently toss everything unopen to as well as permit it ready until some parts of the meat start to brown.
4. Put inward plenty H2O to comprehend the duck. Put inward wine, sugar, soy sauce as well as haw flakes. Bring it dorsum to a boil as well as lower to simmer. Cover as well as permit it ready for thirty minutes.
5. Meanwhile one-half kumquats horizontally as well as take away the seeds amongst a toothpick.
6. After the duck has yesteryear thirty minutes, lay inward the kumquat halves as well as permit it simmer for some other thirty minutes.
7. Reduce gravy as well as permit it caramelize a chip (if non it won't travel cherry cooked, hehehehe), adapt gustation amongst to a greater extent than tabular array salt as well as carbohydrate if needed.


I am submitting this postal service to Chinese New Year's Day Delights 2013 hosted yesteryear Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close