Love To Bake Durian Egg Tart - Mff Pahang #6



I had my showtime durian egg tart or durian custard tart  bought from Karak inward 1999.. long ago.
It was a process from my housemate from Kuantan. She e'er passes past times Karak whenever she drives dorsum to KL. She told me, whenever she passes past times together with if they are available, she must buy. Back inward those days, the amount they brand is non every bit much.

Durian bakes are extremely pop inward Karak. I used to purchase it from Yik Kee, I'm non certain if at that topographic point are other shops doing it every bit well. It's situated on the psyche road. I practise listen they pick out branches inward Klang Valley together with inward Genting Highlands too.



I made these with dunno-what-grade durians, but every bit long every bit your durians gustation good, the tarts volition gustation good. My durians are reasonably sweet, together with my filling's sweetness is simply right. But I intend if I used to a greater extent than sugar, it mightiness endure ameliorate every bit pastries practise gustation ameliorate when it's a fighting to a greater extent than sugary. It also makes the custard smoother. But together with then again, it's nonetheless upward to you lot together with upward to the durian :)

I think a lot of my readers who tried my egg tart recipe said the crust is real fragile. I formulated some other crust recipe this time, using the white every bit well, instead of alone yolks, thus that it volition endure less fragile, but nonetheless quite crumbly when eaten, but it also gustation less rich amongst less egg yolk. Just brand certain you lot emulsify the butter amongst egg well, earlier you lot pose inward the flour,




Now fifty-fifty amongst thus much pulp, the egg tarts are non every bit strongly durian every bit those sold. My durians are overnice to eat, although non graded. I wonder if the commercial egg tarts has durian essence added inward since the aroma is soooo strong. My custard's texture gets rougher amongst to a greater extent than durian every bit I pick out done the filling twice amongst dissimilar ratio of durian. But together with then again, I'll gladly merchandise the less intense fragrance than to occupation some durian essence.

I intend if I add together some flour to prepare the filling, the outcome could endure smoother, simply similar the filling for seri muka. But I pick out no fourth dimension to experiment anymore. I made this yesterday together with hither it is today. Phew!



could endure overcooked :(

Durian Egg Tarts
Recipe source: WendyinKK

Crust
250gm softened butter (I used salted Tatura)
1 egg
ii Tbsp caster sugar
400gm all role flour (9.0% protein)


Durian Custard Filling
500gm durian flesh, only
500gm water
7 eggs (grade B)
250gm saccharide (amount depends on durian)
250gm milk
1 real pocket-sized pinch salt


1. With a mixing spoon, mix butter amongst saccharide together with egg until it comes together together with turns creamy. Try non to comprise air past times whisking. Add inward the flour mix until a dough forms.
2. Bring the dough together to shape a lump. Cover together with allow the dough balance for xxx minutes.
3. Roll out dough into 6-7mm thick. Cut amongst a 3.5 inch circular cutter. Place dough disk into a fluted egg tart pan, together with press the dough to form.
4. Chill the formed tart crust dough until they are real firm. (Usually I practise this the twenty-four hr menses before)
5. In a saucepan, pose H2O together with durian flesh together with pick out it to a boil on medium heat, stirring all the time. The flesh volition melt away, leaving behind the fibres. Strain it. Leave to cool.
6. Mix eggs amongst tabular array salt together with saccharide (try non to comprise air). Add inward milk. Combine amongst cooled strained durian paste. Strain the whole custard mixture.
7. Preheat oven to 170(fan)/190C.
8. Remove crusts from the refrigerator and place them on a baking tray. Pour the custard filling until it's close to the rim.
9. Bake it for 25 minutes until the surface of the tart sets. (If you lot made smaller tarts, it volition postulate a shorter time)
10. Leave it to cool downwards to warm together with take away from the tart pan.

*I got 22 pcs of tarts together with alone 1 Tbsp of extra custard.  How many pieces together with how much filling is needed depends on your technique on shaping the crust.
Disposable aluminium ones mightiness give you lot roughly 26-30 pcs.


This is all I got from this recipe
 I am submitting this to Malaysian Food Fest Pahang Month hosted past times Wendy of Table for 2....or More



Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close