Love To Bake Kuih Jala Mas, The Golden Threads Of Kelantan (With Video) - Mff Kelantan #1

First attempt
THIS IS NOT ROTI JALA

Whenever I shout upwards of Kelantan, the outset affair that comes to hear is jala mas.
It was introduced to me yesteryear my friend Nurul during my didactics days inwards Selancar.

And the outset reaction I got from my Malay colleagues piece seeing me swallow was, "Tak manis ke?" which meant, isn't it sweet?
Yes they are sweet, but it's non meant to survive eaten similar chomp chomp chomp. If ane were to like shooting fish in a barrel taste it, thread yesteryear thread, it's truly really dainty as well as fragrant.




Some are really sugariness as well as sticky, but non all.
Some smelled eggy, but non all.

This kuih is originally made amongst duck eggs, but demonstrate accept also been made amongst chicken eggs because duck eggs is variety of expensive to use.
I saw a few recipes, all amongst dissimilar ratio of saccharide as well as water. I tried a diluted syrup to brand as well as it didn't operate out. I even thus had to boil it until it seems syrupy earlier beautiful strands tin form.

I also tried using simply pandan to infuse the syrup, but the eggy aroma remained. Cinnamon wasn't it as well as and then I tried adding cloves. It somehow smelled better, almost similar the amend ones I bought inwards Kelantan. I used some stone saccharide to cutting downward on the sweetness but even thus maintain a high saccharide content.

2nd Attempt

Health warning: High cholesterol due to egg yolks. But as well as then again, it's virtually how you lot eat. Eating ane slice a twenty-four hr menses is non the same equally chomping v inwards a go.

Ok, I'm guilty, really guilty. The concluding fourth dimension I had ane was earlier I fifty-fifty had Lydia, as well as thus later on vii years of drought, I simply chomped v inwards a become during my outset attempt. I don't larn to swallow Jala Mas every year. Then for the adjacent few days, I avoided eggs. The 2d fourth dimension I made this, I made certain I was disciplined as well as kept them inwards the refrigerator to survive like shooting fish in a barrel enjoyed over a few days.

I tried playing amongst the formation of the threads


Jala Mas
yesteryear WendyinKK


8 egg yolks
100gm stone sugar, pounded to smaller pieces
400ml water
150gm sugar
1 or two blades of pandan leaf
1 pc clove

Special Utensil: 1 pipage pocketbook amongst 2mm circular nozzle. Or banana foliage formed into a cone amongst pocket-size hole at the tip.

1. Put water, stone sugar, pandan as well as clove together. Bring to a boil as well as lower to a simmer until the stone saccharide melts. (keep covered equally you lot simmer)
2. Meanwhile lightly shell egg yolks as well as strain to take lumps.
3. Put inwards saccharide into the simmering syrup as well as laid upwards until dissolved. Remove pandan as well as clove.
4. When the syrup looks syrupy, Put 1 tbsp of yolk mixture into prepared cone as well as drizzle it approximately the pan. Use chopsticks as well as plication the egg yolk strands
5. Lift the ready jala mas onto a plate.
6. Repeat until all yolk is used upwards as well as discard the syrup.

*If it looked as well as felt wet, zap it inwards the microwave to dry out upwards a bit. It gives amend oral cavity experience when the jala mas is drier.

I tried making a video on my own...I shout upwards it'll survive much clearer than to simply depict amongst words. I audio funny here. How come upwards I ever audio funny when recorded? Or is it they agency nosotros hear ourselves is non the same equally how others hear us.



I took this film later on using


I am submitting this to Gertrude of My Kitchen Snippets



Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close