Love To Bake Lambuk Porridge Bubur Lambuk Terengganu - Mff Terengganu #4





Terenganu mode rice porridge :)

I'm certain most Malaysian may convey heard of this, peculiarly during Ramadan fasting month, to a greater extent than or less mosques volition locomote giving out complimentary Bubur Lambuk. Unlike the due west coast version, the ingredients used in Terengganu is very different. It uses fish, sweetness spud too lots of local wild vegetables. I was curious nearly the taste, too thence I decided to endeavour it out.

One is complimentary to purpose whatsoever type of vegetables but to a greater extent than or less create insist on the purpose of wild pepper, lemon basil (kemangi) too ruby-red fern (pucuk midin/paku merah). I convey problem searching for the ruby-red fern too I was told it wasn't institute inwards Perak. Then lemon basil was no where to locomote sold except at the garden middle where I convey to purchase the whole large pot! I simply went ahead amongst whatever I could purchase at the marketplace or root from my hubby's employee.



I convey eaten to a greater extent than or less complimentary bubur lambuk (given at TNB KK, when my wife went to pay bills) before that uses kokosnoot milk, beef, chicken, carrots, spices, fried shallots and chinese parsley. Frankly... I prefer the due west coast version. The ane I ate previously sounds similar this one. Maybe I'm non used to the flavor of Terengganu's version, or perchance I should've simply pose inwards kokosnoot milk too I'll similar it better. It's simply a affair of personal preference.

But I'll say, Terengganu's version is a much much healthier version, depression fat, high fibre :)



Bubur Lambuk
Hanieliza too DapurMalaysia
Serves: 6

300gm rice
2.5L water

500gm sardines/ Indian mackerel (kembung)
1 tsp oil
½ tsp salt

1 ruby-red onion
1cm ginger
two garlic cloves
iii shallots
1 Tbsp dark pepper *
750ml water
500gm sweetness spud (yellow + orange)
1 Tbsp fish sauce
½ loving cup peeled prawns

10 wild pepper/wild betel (kaduk) leaves
five stalks H2O convolvulus (kangkung)
five stalks wild fern (pucuk paku)
iv stalks vietnamese mint (kesum)
1 turmeric leafage (, daun kunyit, if pocket-size purpose 2)

1. Wash rice too boil together amongst water. Lower to a simmer.
2. Meanwhile build clean fish too rub amongst fossil oil too salt. Grill inwards the oven at 220C until cooked. (Mine took fifteen minutes –no preheating)
3. Let fish cool downwardly too take flesh from bones. Rub fish flesh amongst fingers to cheque the presence of bones.
4. Place onion, shallots, garlic, ginger too dark pepper inwards a blender. Put inwards iii cups H2O too blend until fine. Add inwards fish too blend. (or you lot tin strength out larn out the fish inwards large pieces if preferred)
5. Dice sweetness potatoes. Finely piece all the leaves too tear off the fronds from the fern.
6. When the rice is all fluffy pour inwards the blended fish. Let it come upward dorsum to a boil.
7. Put inwards sweetness potatoes too allow it boil until cooked. Season amongst fish sauce too common salt (I used 2.5 tsp)
8. Put inwards all the leaves too prawns. Bring it dorsum to a boil too plough off the heat.

*I sprinkled them on later on because I wanted to function along this nipper friendly



Note that after I added the sweetness potatoes, it became also full. too thence I removed to a greater extent than or less porridge to to a greater extent than or less other pot earlier adding inwards the vegetables.

I am submitting this to Lena of Frozen Wings
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close