Love To Bake Strawberry Meringue Baskets - Strawberry #3



I made this sometime agone because I happened to receive got a tub of greek yogurt. Ipoh's latest shopping centre Aeon Station xviii has opened non likewise long agone in addition to on my get-go visit, I saw a novel hit of products brought into Ipoh metropolis :) Finally greek yogurt has arrived.

I've been visually attracted to this meringue handbasket sometime ago... in addition to it was supposely to live on filled amongst whipped cream in addition to topped amongst strawberries. I decided to borrow that concept in addition to move greek yogurt in addition to make total it amongst strawberries too, rather than only on top. And add together unopen to texture in addition to season contrast amongst a chocolate ganache equally sauce.



Greek yogurt which similar all yogurt tastes sour. Strawberries are slightly tart. Dark chocolate sauce is slightly bitterish... perfect to residue upwards the sweetness from the meringue. My kids, inlaws in addition to my married adult man all loved this dessert. My married adult man was impressed amongst this that unopen to fourth dimension later on that when nosotros did unopen to entertaining at home, he asked if I'll live on making this for dessert again, LOL. I said no, I don't receive got greek yogurt on hand. I saw his dissapointed face, LOL.

If yous desire to inquire me, "Wendy, is this sweet? Can I cut sugar?"

Any meringue volition gustation sweet. Same goes to pavlova. You can't actually cut the sugar, if not, it powerfulness live on likewise soft to pipage out... for meringue. (correct me if I'm wrong). But pavlova is only piling on, nonetheless tin sack cut a fleck if yous dare. We demand to brand this to live on at a pipable consistency. But if 1 were to calculate the sugar.... it's close 10gm inwards each meringue handbasket equally I got 12 pcs of it from this recipe. Same amount of saccharide from your chiffon cake if yous made it amongst 120gm of saccharide in addition to cutting it into 12 pieces. If yous cutting it lesser than 12 pcs, thus there's to a greater extent than saccharide inwards your chiffon cake piece than inwards 1 piece of this meringue, although, past times comparing this meringue handbasket definitely tastes much much sweeter. You may tumble out to swallow to a greater extent than than 1 piece of chiffon cake continously, but I dubiety yous volition accept ii of these inwards 1 become due the "sweetness" that yous felt piece eating You volition in all probability live on cautious and restrain yourself. But inwards fact, it's non less evil. Like I ever say, moderation is ever the key.



Strawberry Meringue Baskets
Meringue recipe: Golden Book Of Desserts
Assembly: WendyinKK

Meringue Baskets
ii egg whites (60gm)
60gm castor sugar
60gm icing sugar

Other components
Diced strawberries for filling (5mm cubes)
Greek yogurt
Sliced strawberries for deco
Chocolate ganache (melt 1:1 nighttime chocolate in addition to cream)

1. Beat egg whites amongst caster saccharide until stiff. Put inwards icing saccharide past times the teaspoonsful in addition to trounce until stiff. At this point, examination past times rubbing unopen to of the meringue betwixt ii fingers, it shouldn’t experience gritty.
2. Preheat oven to 110(fan)/130 in addition to trouble a baking tray amongst non stick baking paper.
3. Attach a medium sized star tip to a piping bag. Fill piping handbag amongst meringue.
4. Pipe a circular base, thus make the sides of the handbasket past times swirling the meringue iii times around.
5. Bake the meringue baskets for ninety minutes. Let them cool downwards totally inwards the oven. Keep them airtight if non consuming instantly
6. Assembly: Place unopen to diced strawberries into the meringue basket. Then make total inwards unopen to greek yogurt. Top amongst sliced strawberries. Chocolate ganache tin sack live on piped onto the meringue or nether the meringue, equally yous wish. Serve immediately.


I assembled these inwards a dissimilar trend because these half-dozen pcs were to live on brought to unopen to relatives.
I can't live on having the sauce on the bottom, thus they had to live on on the top.



 
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close