Love To Bake Traders Rice Nasi Dagang Terengganu - Mff Terengganu #1



Blessed amongst the best beaches inwards Malaysia that I accept e'er seen. (sorry I've never been to Sabah yet)
Beautiful islands amongst white sandy beaches surrounded past times crystal clear bluish waters that ane tin run across the corals correct from the boat. It seems shallow because you lot tin run across them, but in ane trial you lot restrain it, you lot mightiness locomote shocked. LOL.

I accept been to Terengganu 5 times before. I honey this state. Been to most of the pop spots similar Kenyir Lake, Lang Tengah Island , Redang Island, walked to a greater extent than or less KT town, been to the museum twice in addition to Pasar Payang on every trip :)  , 1st 2000-Kuala Terengganu amongst Uni coursemates, 2nd trip 2001-Redang, third 2002-Lang Tengah, quaternary 2003-Kemaman, Kenyir in addition to fifth 2006, East Coast Road Trip


During my 1st trip, my friend a local Terengganu girl, Saik Yann brought us to swallow nasi dagang. I accept never eaten that earlier in addition to it was honey at get-go seize amongst teeth for me. The sourish tuna 'curry' in addition to pickled vege was soooo delish! But the star if the repast for me is the rice itself. The rice, perfumed amongst fenugreek had this weird unfamiliar texture. It's bouncy in addition to chewy. Almost similar eating bario rice. It's delicious! The adjacent fourth dimension I saw nasi dagang inwards KL, I bought ane pack, but to my dismay, it's non what I was looking for. The ane I bought is nasi dagang Kelantan which is to a greater extent than curry similar in addition to the cherry-red specked rice has no bounce. From therefore I knew, I solely honey Terengganu's version. I'm loyal, faithful to the ane who stole my heart.

On my fifth trip, this time, my married adult man in addition to I stopped past times Kuala Terengganu for ii nights on our viii twenty-four hours East Coast roadtrip. I precisely had to swallow nasi dagang this time, no negotiations! I called my friend in addition to asked her where was the place... in addition to it was at Pantai Batu Buruk in addition to the stall's mention is Nasi Dagang Kak Pah. I was lucky that they were close going to telephone telephone it a day. Lovely, merely lovely. But my married adult man wasn't really appreciative. He nonetheless prefers Kelantanese food.


For today's nasi dagang... I tried to produce it the traditional way, that is, past times steaming. If it's non because of this event, I would've dumped the rice into the microwave, LOL! I precisely had to travail cooking this using the traditional method. The outcome was... frankly, non similar what I've eaten.

Although there's minimal H2O inwards this recipe (the 50ml is non intended for cooking the rice, but diluting the kokosnoot milk only), my trial is a combat also soft. It should locomote chewy in addition to bouncy. I blame it on myself that I washed the rice also long at footstep 4.

So, here's ane recipe that I tried, although non 100% satisfied but I'm glad I did travail doing it the difficult way, LOL.

this is the colander I used to steam the rice


Nasi Dagang Terengganu
Nor Zalina's Pondering

400gm fragrant rice (jasmine rice)
100gm gummy rice
v shallots, thinly sliced
1 heaped Tbsp thinly julienned ginger
1 Tbsp fenugreek
200ml kokosnoot milk (undiluted)
50ml drinking H2O (I recollect tin omit)
1tsp salt
½ tsp sugar

1. Wash in addition to soak both rice together for v hours.
2. Drain rice in addition to house into a colander (you tin draw of piece of job the colander amongst cloth, but I precisely used it every bit it is)
3. Steam the rice for xv minutes in addition to transfer to a large bowl.
4. Wash the rice amongst construct clean tap H2O in addition to drain. Pour the rice dorsum into the colander.
5. Steam for some other 10 minutes.
6. Place fenugreek, shallots, ginger, kokosnoot milk, tabular array salt in addition to saccharide into the large bowl.
7. Pour the hot rice dorsum into the large bowl and toss to combine. Try non to suspension the rice granules.
8. Steam the rice in ane trial to a greater extent than for 10 minutes.
9. Let the rice residue for xxx minutes earlier serving.
10. Serve nasi dagang amongst tuna curry in addition to pickled vegetables.

*Pickled Vegetables: Refer here. Cut vege into matchsticks instead of ribbons. Change calamansi juice to rice vinegar, in addition to omit the peanuts.

*Tuna Curry Gulai Ikan Tongkol Terengganu : Refer hither (coming this Wednesday)

My microwave oven suggestion
Wash rice in addition to soak for v hours, then microwave on high for v minutes (lid on). Leave to sit down for v minutes. Mix inwards 1/2 loving cup water(extra) in addition to fenugreek and zap in ane trial to a greater extent than for some other v minutes. Mix inwards everything else (don't omit the 50ml water) and zap for ii mins. Leave rice for xxx minutes earlier removing the lid in addition to serve.




I am submitting this to Lena of Frozen Wings

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close