Love To Bake Waxed Pith Viscous Rice 腊肉糯米饭 - Waxed Pith #3



I was infected past times beau blogger Bee Bee to laid upwards gummy rice. I saw her mouthwatering motion-picture demonstrate on Facebook as well as I only exactly only convey to convey around the adjacent day. I can't convey it on the same twenty-four hours every bit the rice needs around fourth dimension to soak, as well as I already had my meals planned out that day.

This dish is tardily to do..but worth the effort. I loathe slicing shallots as well as waxed meat is non that like shooting fish in a barrel to cut, particularly waxed duck. I made this pocket-sized percentage for household unit of measurement consumption, as well as posted a shot of it on FB. I didn't intend much virtually blogging virtually it.  But afterwards a few nudges from beau friends.. okay.. I'll produce it. Luckily I however convey a percentage of rice left for photography, LOL!

Facebook is a contagious thing. It spreads calories, LOL.
I promise that my beau FB friends volition similar it every bit much every bit I do.



This twelvemonth for Lunar New Year, I made a large percentage for my Form half-dozen buddies who came visiting on Day 4. I cutting the waxed meat until blisters almost grew on the component subdivision where the knife is applying pressure level to my hands.
Luckily I prepared the waxed meat two days inward advance. My hands had fourth dimension to recuperate.

The rice was real good recieved past times them. Worth the effort.
Will I brand this for them again?
LOL,  Yes, but possibly non alongside waxed duck for large portions, pocket-sized percentage is however ok.

I similar my gummy rice alongside around boundary onions. It cuts the greasiness every bit I eat. It's only my personal preference as well as my husband's too.

Waxed Meat Glutinous Rice
Recipe by: WendyinKK
Serves 4

350gm Glutinous Rice
five Chinese mushrooms
five shallots
three Tbsp dried shrimp
Half a waxed duck thorax (lap ngap hoong)
1 chinese sausage (lap cheong)
three inches waxed pork belly (lap yoke)
two Tbsp low-cal soy sauce
¾ tsp sugar
¾ tsp tabular array salt as well as around pepper
Dark caramel sauce, every bit needed.

Preparation
1. Soak gummy rice for at to the lowest degree an sixty minutes (I soaked it overnight). Soak chinese mushrooms.
2. Drain the rice as well as allow it drip dry out inward a colander as well as hold to stride 3
3. Boil a saucepan of water.
4. Meanwhile soak dried shrimps. Rinse Chinese sausage.
5. When H2O has boiled, seat inward waxed duck as well as allow it ‘bathe’ it inward for xxx seconds, making certain every component subdivision is beingness boiled. Pour away the H2O as well as allow it air dry.
6. Peel shallots as well as finely piece them.
7. Squeeze mushrooms dry out as well as finely die them, virtually 5mm cubes.
8. Thinly piece waxed meat.
9. Peel peel off sausage as well as cutting into 4 long quarters. Slice each quarter into 2-3mm thick, forming smallish pieces.
10. When waxed duck has cooled down, cutting it into pocket-sized cubes, virtually the same size every bit the sausages as well as mushrooms.
11. Drain dried shrimp as well as coarsely chop them.

Cooking
12. Put all waxed meat together into wok as well as alongside medium heat, dry out nipper them until they starting fourth dimension to caramelize, scent wonderfully good, as well as ooze fossil oil (there mightiness survive around smoke). Turn off the heat, force them to the side as well as allow the fossil oil drip down. Scoop upwards the waxed meat, drain them on newspaper towels.
13. Wipe wok dry out alongside newspaper towel to withdraw the fossil oil from the waxed meat.
14. Put inward three tbsp of cooking oil* as well as and therefore sauté shallots until golden. Drain as well as dish up,
15. With the same oil, on high heat, sauté dried shrimp until fragrant, almost golden,and as well as therefore seat inward mushrooms as well as sauté for virtually 10 seconds. Put inward rice as well as toss everything until good incorporated.
16. Put inward seasonings as well as toss for around other infinitesimal or 2. (Taste it, it should survive slightly undersalted) Put inward waxed meat. And toss it for around other xxx seconds or so. Turn off the estrus as well as seat inward one-half the shallots as well as give it a practiced toss to incorporate.
17. Transfer everything inward the wok to a microwave rubber vessel. Pour inward boiling water, sufficient to encompass the rice.(same degree alongside rice).
18. Zap on high for 10 minutes. Leave it to sit down for 10 minutes.**
19. Fluff rice alongside chopstick as well as zap ane time again for around other 4 minutes. Put inward residue of fried shallots as well as gently toss the rice alongside chopsticks
20. Serve alongside around light-green onions.

*You tin pick out to utilisation the waxed meat fossil oil instead of removing them at stride #13
**Rice tin survive steamed instead of microwaved. If you lot convey a rice cooker alongside steaming function, you lot tin utilisation that too.


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close