Love To Bake The Finale And..... 1 Won It?


I won it??? Seriously, I'm all the same trying to suck it in.

Swee San together with I forcasted thence many things.... together with when I arrived early on at site, I saw, thence many dessert prone ingredients. It wasn't a describe per unit of measurement area test, it's an innovation essay again, but alongside express ingredients to conduct from.
The "black box" was small, equally small-scale similar a sliced cake box. I rapidly called Swee San, "Eh, looks similar fritatta ingredients la, alongside mushrooms, eggs, cilantro, tomato plant together with mayhap around other soup, cos got bauguette together with canapes. could live pancakes too, equally in that place are honey, chocolate chips together with flour. Cupcake liners are provided too! Swee San rapidly guessed, inward the box could live a fruit, since it's thence small, together with in that place are dessert ingredients provided!




I rapidly idea hmm... create a pancake, together with then mayhap brand a compote, stack it high, that variety of stuff. Or if brand appetizer, bruschetta or soup, I'll live fine alongside it.

Then, came the fourth dimension to opened upward up the box.

*Drumroll..............*
A-V-O-C-A-D-O-E-S

Swee San was thence right. It was a fruit inward the box indeed. But nosotros never could've guessed it's non a sweetness fruit similar AVOCADO.


Gosh! What tin terminate I create alongside it? It's the pith cistron together with it must live prominent. I've exclusively made salads alongside sliced ones, drinks alongside blended ones together with the weirdest was equally a pasta sauce. But, there's no pasta today!!!!

Immediately I idea of a salad I i time did (not posted yet), alongside pancakes made noodle similar together with there's mushrooms together with vege inward it, precisely everything was provided today, except I won't live dressing it alongside walnut oil, but avocado cream. Ok, I'll brand that. We were together with then told to selection upward exclusively 10 ingredients from the provided stuff.. I took flour, eggs, cilantro, mushrooms, onion, tomato, lime, packaged salad mix, butter together with milk.Exactly the 10 that I'll need.


Fried the pancake, sauteed the mushrooms, sliced the pancakes together with made the cream. Started plating together with I pose the avocado cream on it. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.  A bad feeling of a abrupt surged together with it seemed thence familiar. Dejavu.......Oops, I've did it again. Just similar how I felt when I did my Malay linguistic communication newspaper dorsum when I was 17 for a national degree examination. Exactly the same feeling. I asked myself, "What am I doing now?". This feeling of uncertainty just came... together with it got all over me. I just finished upward the dish together with gave a large sigh. Just die, together with give-up the ghost alongside dignity, at to the lowest degree I completed it. (Chinese likes to role the discussion "die" equally a figure of oral communication for something bad that has happened or volition happen, non literally pregnant death)

If I were to tell you lot how come upward I'd experience this way. I don't know, I wasn't surely of the combination of flavours that I did. They were corking equally private items, flavours good balanced, netiher also salty or also much of anything, just real good balanced together with pretty tasty on its own. But when they are combined.. I'm non also sure. Not surely at all. Some things are pretty much amend on its ain than to live wrongly paired, together with then that could while disaster.

Worse, when I completed it.. I recieved comments maxim that they really idea I'd stack upward all the crepes I made, together with fill upward them alongside layers like a mille crepe. Ya hoh, why didn't I recollect of that. Why? Why didn't I brand it aspect to a greater extent than presentable, instead instantly it looked similar a pile of mess. Why?



I looked around......... everybody's creation looked thence presentable, together with mine was a pile of duunowot. My friend said, mine is fine, together with she asked me, tin terminate win or not, I told her, nope. I've flunked large fourth dimension this time. I told her, I volition exclusively win, if everybody else has oversalted or has wrongly seasoned their stuff, merely because I'm surely my seasonings were good balanced. Presentation together with flavour combination..... I'm real negative virtually it.

When the fourth dimension came, I went to introduce my dish, Chef Kerlley was the outset to say, "Very colourful". Then I thought, eh, isn't it a pile of mess?
Then i past times one, the judges took a chip of the pancake ribbons together with dipped it inward the avocado cream, together with they took seconds together with thirds. I was like, "Uh, that squeamish meh?".
Finally the comments came. (watch it inward the video below)

My eyes went bigger together with bigger alongside each comment. Almost wanted to outburst alongside tears equally I never, never expected such skillful answer from them. I idea I flopped large time. The biggest pat on the dorsum was when Chef Kerlley told me to exit the plate on their tabular array thence that they tin terminate operate on to consume it. Did my plate remain on the judges table? LOL, the emcee said it'll be better to allow everybody gustation how skillful it is. And together with then thence many came asking me whether they tin terminate travail my dish. In a affair of minutes, my dish was sweeped clean, everybody told me it's delicious. My buddy told me, the best was indeed the avocado cream, if exclusively I piled on to a greater extent than of that. She told me commonly it doesn't gustation that skillful equally avocadoes tin terminate live bland, but my avocado cream has a burst of flavour together with she told me, it felt thence refreshing, equally if she's walking inward a garden. Swee San also said the lime added a refreshing gustation to the cream.

Well, at to the lowest degree instantly I tin terminate receive got a breather... phew! Not that bad, all the same tin terminate straighten my cervix a bit, don't demand to hang that low. But volition that live skillful plenty to brand me win it, I dubiousness it, really dubiousness it. I all the same don't recollect it's that good.



The skills essay was chopping onions and.. hahaha.. vi out of 10 contestants cut their thumbs alongside the docile looking ceramic knife. Cutting vertically wasn't the problem, but nosotros were requested to chop the onions precisely the same agency it was demonstrated. And when we made horizontal incisions, that's when the vi of us got a bandage on out thumbs. I did quite well, but got around pare inward it, LOL. When I was peeling the lastly onion, I was literally scratching it off because it was thence difficult to instruct off, thence bits of the pare flew into my chopped pile. Judges commented, texture was fine together with good, but got skin, LOL. Ok ok... all the same non bad.

When they announced the winner, I was similar "Huh, really me?" Okay...





There wasn't whatever photographic tv camera human being that day.. so, it won't live broadcasted anywhere..but...... I had a photographic tv camera woman! And she's Swee San. See the video below. All credits to Swee San for taking the pics together with preparing the video. Thanks girl!!! She recorded the judges comments. Hear it for yourself.


Video prepared past times Swee San the Great

It's sweetness to receive got my skillful buddies around, Wai Wai together with Swee San

I was smiling..but later on all the hoohah.. I was all the same asking myself, is it that good?
And upward til today, I'm all the same thinking of ways I should've done instead.... Avocado Stuffed French Toast, Avocado buttercream cake (yes, alongside my sponge pancake method correct on the pan) or mayhap create mini cakes alongside it.

I'm non jumping alongside joy dissimilar how it felt during the semi finals, because I just don't experience similar a winner within equally the dish itself didn't win my pump the create herself. Sad, but true.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close