Love To Bake Scary Mandarin In Addition To Annoying Orangish - Random Sunday



When I was a kid, every Chinese New Year, nosotros wil purchase a box of TeoChew Mandarins. Grandaunt volition inquire us to continue all the peels as well as she volition dry out them inwards the sun. The sundried peels volition live on kept inwards quondam Milo tins. Grandaunt uses the dried peels inwards sweetness soups as well as some dishes. But whatsoever nosotros dry out is to a greater extent than than nosotros e'er need.

There's lots of annoying oranges on YouTube.I bet you lot bring heard of that annoying citrus.

*Warning: Video is non for the faint hearted



That's the english version. See a Cantonese version of it.
I super honey how annoying it is. Makes me desire to slap it left as well as right, but yet kiss it on both cheeks too!
Hahahahahaha!







Ok.. forthwith dorsum to my mandarin.I bring amongst me a scary mandarin. What makes it scary?

This Mandarin has been closed to inwards my family earlier Chinese New Year.
One of my girls brought it dorsum from Kindergarden as well as was playing amongst it similar a ball. It's been rolling as well as rolling closed to the hall for to a greater extent than than ii months.


One twenty-four sixty minutes catamenia I industrial plant life this stuck nether the sofa, but it's already halt of March. It nonetheless looks good, perfectly good........... on the outside. Even the stalk tip is nonetheless GREEN!

Take note:
My room temperature : 26C-30C
My living room's humidity : 60%-90%
Of which is perfect for fungal growth.

And so.... I broke the Mandarin to encounter how it is inside. The peel felt every bit if it was only bought yesterday, but....


The within is all dried upward as well as icky.

I wonder if they dipped the fruit inwards formalin? Eeeeeee.. what did they exercise to the fruit?
For now, it's a total ban inwards my kitchen for the purpose of Mandarin peels.

My kumquats in ane trial left on the tree rots within weeks after ripening. Both rind as well as flesh, together.
My locally grown limes in ane trial left without referigeration turns dry out as well as chocolate-brown within ii weeks.
For those of you lot who purpose yongchun Mandarin oranges for offering on the ancestor's altar, they exercise wrinkle upward as well as experience soggy after a few days right?

This ane that has been nether my sofa for ii months, been thrown closed to similar a ball, been exposed to summertime temperatures amongst perfect humidity for fungal growth.....................stays beautiful, theater as well as fresh on the outside, but rots on the inside.

It's actually scary.

But as well as thence I mean value non all are similar this. Some Mandarin oranges nonetheless as well as exercise wrinkle upward as well as spoil.
But non this ane that I have.
The work is, I never know which ane is scary, which ane isn't. Not until months later, nether my sofa.




Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close