Love To Bake Sesame Honeycomb Cookies - Cny Crispies # 1


Last year, I did a cookie calendar week for CNY, this yr as well as Fried-Up week. Hopefully adjacent yr when CNY lands on halt of February, I'll move doing a Dried Up calendar week for CNY, because the heaven is bluish as well as air is dry out when Jan begins.. right upward until halt of February.

To start the ball, rolling... It's honeycomb cookies. Actually, this is non a Chinese thingy, yous won't abide by this made yesteryear our mainland People's Republic of China counterparts. In India these are called called Achappam. Or why it's called kuih Ros, it's because inwards English, it's called rosettes. European countries brand these too, Swedish, Polish, Italian (Crispelle). Iranian (nan panjara), Turks (Demir talisi) and Mexicans (Bunuelos) also brand these! And these cookies are really Scandinavian inwards origin. You tin read to a greater extent than almost this inwards Wikipedia with the business office almost it beingness called inwards Malaysia beingness absolutely incorrect.

Now, I am aiming to larn some moulds made inwards other forms, snowflakey, daisy or fifty-fifty butterfly. Haha.. collection!



I convey a confession to make. I used to retrieve of these cookies are overpriced. Well, of class roughly are of goodness quality, as well as roughly are but as well as so so. I used to retrieve that these are but dipped inwards a depression cost batter as well as fried, how difficult tin these move to fetch such a price?

This offset endeavor inwards making these really changed my persuasion on this. It's non really that easy!!!
Long even cutting short, my offset endeavor almost made me cried buckets. I couldn't slumber that night. It was that bad. Used a copper mould as well as the batter volition either non stick or got burnt. I couldn't receive got the temperature well.


The adjacent day, I got myself roughly to a greater extent than kokosnoot milk as well as tried i time again amongst the same recipe. And Reese (the traditional tid-bits queen, LOL, she'll kill me for writing this) adviced me to work medium heat. Still it wasn't that good. I could larn it done, but non every bit good every bit I hoped it is, let's tell 30% decent, as well as non fifty-fifty pretty at all. I'm but non satisfied. I must brand at to the lowest degree 90% decent ones. I'm non bespeak for perfect, at to the lowest degree decent.


I told my husband, I really needed to become out as well as he took assist of the iii kids for me. I went to the crockery store and got myself two brass moulds instead. Heavier as well as thicker! And for sure these volition retain estrus better, thence brand the batter stick the mould. (Reese's mom used brass too! She told me) Indeed! They worked similar a charm. Even on medium depression heat, I could fry these beautifully. The batter stuck to the brass mould similar how my kids volition cling to me.. tight as well as all around. Beautiful. And the cookies are fairer, fossil oil is however low-cal coloured, dissimilar the oil with the copper ones. The fossil oil of that batch turned chocolate-brown afterward frying. Weird.


I tried Amy Beh's recipe featured inwards recipes/view.aspx?r=842">Kuali.com.
The cookies are non every bit "brittle" every bit I hoped they volition be. Still a flake difficult for my liking, but to a greater extent than oftentimes than non nice. But it's real user friendly, provided, yous work a brass mould. I promise to examine to a greater extent than recipes as well as abide by my golden ratio, but fourth dimension does non permit.


Honeycomb Cookies / Rosettes
Recipe referred from recipes/view.aspx?r=842">Kuali.com amongst personal adaptations

Batter
125gm rice flour
125gm all move flour
125gm sugar
1/2 tsp salt
180gm kokosnoot milk (pure)
220gm water
1 egg

1 loving cup sesame seeds
Oil for frying

1. Combine all batter ingredients as well as exit it for thirty minutes.
2. Heat a wok as well as set inwards cooking oil.
3. Put inwards two brass rosette moulds as well as estrus upward together amongst the oil. (medium heat)
4. Pour roughly of the batter into a split cup/bowl as well as stir inwards roughly sesame seeds. (You mightiness demand to transcend upward the sesame seeds from fourth dimension to fourth dimension because each dipping volition decrease the amount of sesame seeds inwards batter)
5. Remove i mould from the hot fossil oil as well as dip it into the batter for two seconds, You volition remove heed a low-cal sizzle. (Take assist non to fully dip. Make certain the transcend doesn't deport on the batter, if non the cookie volition non unloosen itself from the mould)
6. Place mould dorsum into the hot fossil oil as well as examine to force the mould every bit far into the fossil oil every bit possible, w/o touching the base so that the estrus volition force the "sides" upward as well as it won't autumn downwardly (do it as well as u volition know what I mean)
7. Fry the mould for almost 15-20 seconds, the solely start to jiggle the mould to unloosen the cookie. (jiggle also shortly as well as yous convey a cookie amongst no structure, all apartment or spread apart)
8. Flip cookie to convey fifty-fifty frying on both sides. Lift cookie upward to drain off the oil.
9. Let the mould become dorsum into the fossil oil as well as work the other mould to exercise stride 5-8. Alternate the moulds as well as so that each volition move properly heated through.
10. When cookies convey cooled,  store inwards air tight container.


See the difference? Same batter, but different looks as well as colour. I could never larn the ones made amongst copper to await similar the ones made amongst the brass mould. Can anyone gimme an explanation??? Please. Chemistry experts out there????? Anyone?



These were made yesterday, amongst roughly other recipe. Mouthfeel yep real delicious, looks real pretty. BUT........it is real temperamental. This recipe's batter cooks also easily as well as volition but drib off a hot mould. Needs a non also hot mould to make. And needs a lower estrus to cook. So, non all recipes piece of work the same way.... I won't move posting this recipe because I really dropped 30% of my uncooked cookies off the mould dorsum into the batter but because the mould was also hot. After the offset i dropped, directly I set the mould dorsum into the batter as well as it stuck nicely when it was really cooler. It solely needed a real faint sizzling audio dissimilar the recipe inwards a higher house that needs to remove heed a proper sizzle to larn it adhered. So, non all recipes piece of work the same, non the same experience applies to all recipes. Work amongst the i yous are most familiar with.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close