Love To Bake 3 Cups Tofu


Actually I mean value I’ve solely eaten three cups chicken once, too I don’t actually recall much of it.
But when I saw this on Shirley’s blog, gosh, I only got to travail this.

Shirley used pressed tofu of which she institute it non silky polish afterward braising too suggested silken tofu to her readers instead. Well, I fried one-half of my local silken tofu cubes inward my wok, too I had to discard all of them into my tum cos they were totally unpresentable too stuck to the wok. Then I fried the other one-half of the silken tofu inward a non stick pan. Phew, they looked much better, but in that location was solely half. Not enough!!!! Luckily I had some other block of pressed tofu inward the fridge, supermarket pressed tofu inward a plastic box. I only used that … fried it too cooked alongside it. Frying pressed tofu was a breeze :)


Weirdly, afterward all the braising, I couldn’t distinguish betwixt the silken tofu too the pressed tofu. Both were soft, but porous afterward all the frying too braising. Unlike what Shirley had said that hers were non soft. Mine was soft, but oil too porous inside. But I produce mean value that Tofu made alongside solely GDL gives a rubbery texture when cooked for a prolonged time, because I 1 time had that for steamboat too the tofu was rubbery but non porous. Yucks!!! Some sites also mentioned that no H2O should live added to three cups dishes. So, mayhap it’ll live improve if the braising is non done to ensure 1 gets a squeamish polish center, equally braising draws wet out from the tofu, hence making it either porous or rubbery. I don’t accept whatever other experiences alongside three cups dishes, so, I’ll piece of occupation out the conclusion to you, to braise alongside water/stock or non to braise. I mightiness non braise it the adjacent fourth dimension I produce this.



Well, Shirley didn’t cite how much tofu to purpose equally 1 block tin live actually ambiguous. 1 block of pressed tofu at the wet marketplace hither is only ii X2X1 inch. And there’s 1 stall inward Kampar that sells block tofu that measures 6x3x2. So, I pretty dunno how much too I only used some 400gm. I find my dish being slightly oversalted (maybe my soy sauce is salty???? I dunno) too I volition purpose 500gm adjacent time, that is if I always produce this again. Or only cut down the three Tbsp each to only ii Tbsp each of sesame oil, low-cal soy sauce too wine.

Overall, this is a squeamish tofu dish.



3 Cups Tofu
Recipe root : Kokken 69

400gm pressed tofu, cutting into cubes
Half bulb of garlic, peel on, hard ends cutting off, lightly smashed
three stalks of trammel onion, white parts only, cutting into ii inch lengths
1 inch ginger, sliced

three Tbsp sesame oil
three Tbsp low-cal soy sauce
three Tbsp Shao Xing wine
¼ tsp saccharide (It's sweetness plenty for me, afterward adding this, I institute it also sweet)
1 loving cup H2O (I didn’t purpose stock cos I discovery the aromatics used higher upwards is flavourful enough)
Handful of basil leaves (as much or equally lilliputian equally you lot want)

1. Fry tofu until golden too crisp. (I produce this inward a non stick pan equally a regular wok is too so hard to nestling these fragile things). Drain too gear upwards aside.
2. Heat wok too pose inward sesame oil.
3. Fry garlic, light-green onions too ginger until fragrant too slightly golden
4. Put inward fried tofu cubes too pose inward low-cal soy sauce too Shao Xing wine. Toss it until it form of dries up.
5. Put inward H2O too saccharide too allow it braise until the H2O dries upwards too you lot offset to run across oil on the base.
6. Put inward basil leaves, plow over it a toss too plow off the heat.


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close