Love To Bake Apam Beras Eno , Fatt Koh???? 果子盐米发糕


So, whatcha gonna produce amongst those leftover starter(fermented rice) as well as kuih starter dough from Aunty Yochana’s Pak Thong Koh? Make them into apam beras eno.

Do you lot believe that I exclusively knew these were also called Fatt Koh afterwards I made them. My MIL took a seize amongst teeth as well as said, eh this is Fatt Koh la. I scratched my head, but these were made amongst rice flour .. are these Fatt Koh? She said, yup, or thence Fatt Kohs are made amongst rice flour. To me, fatt kohs are made amongst wheat flour, non rice flour.. I’m notwithstanding scratching my caput now.

Fatt Kohs are something that is non mutual at my home. Actually never flora at domicile at all. I exclusively ate this ane time when I was a kid at my maternal uncle’s house. They bought lots of it for my maternal grandpa’s funeral. They looked genuinely lovely inwards pastel pinkish as well as yellow. One seize amongst teeth as well as I wanted to puke it out, thence yucky as well as dry. I idea all fatt kohs are similar that. So it never came to take heed that the wonderful soft rice cakes that I ever purchase from Malay kuih hawkers are inwards actual fact, fatt koh.

Apam Beras Eno is real pop amid our Malay friends. During my uni days, at that topographic point was this pakcik(uncle inwards Malay) that sells lovely apam beras at the night market in Serdang. I love it amongst lots of shredded coconut. The grin trial was non emphasized yesteryear the Malays, exclusively the Chinese likes it to grin smile smile. Actually I similar this roundly bald, similar those sold yesteryear the pakcik, every bit long every bit it is moist, soft as well as fluffy.

I flora this site to convey the type of apam I’m looking for.
Although the master copy recipe called for exclusively fermented rice, I seat inwards the kuih starter dough every bit well, which consist of rice flour as well as or thence starter, already fermented. Why waste materials it right?
But priority volition live on the fermented rice. If you lot convey 80gm leftover, thence mass upward amongst 20gm of kuih starter dough. I f you lot convey exclusively 60gm of fermented rice left, thence mass upward amongst 40gm of the kuih starter dough. If you lot did non brand Aunty Yochana’s Pak Thong Koh, but desire to endeavor exclusively this, follow the instructions inwards my final Pak Thong Koh recipe to brand the fermented rice.

I exclusively did one-half the portion, because I exclusively convey 125gm of both starters left. And I did larn quite a lot..

So, hither goes.

Ingredients
100gm of fermented rice +kuih starter dough (all leftovers from making Pak Tong Gou)
125gm rice flour
50gm carbohydrate (this amount is only nice, only sweetness plenty for it non to live on bland)
175gm water
1/2 tsp obviously Eno (blue packing)
Some nutrient colouring (the color intensifies amongst the steaming, thence larn inwards few shades lighter than what u promise it to be, mine became also pink)

Method:
1. Blitz everything together except the Eno as well as nutrient colouring inwards the blender.
2. Pour into a bowl (should live on less than 40% full, thence brand certain the bowl is big) as well as allow it ferment for 3-4 hours.
3. Grease the steaming cups amongst or thence oil.
4. Prepare your steamer, seat inwards H2O as well as allow it come upward to a boil.
5. While waiting, mix Eno into batter as well as stir (it’ll await similar a chiffon cake batter now). Divide them into ii or iii bowls as well as add together preferred nutrient colouring.
6. Pour batter into greased cups until 95% total (1 or ii mm from the rim) as well as steam on high oestrus for 10 minutes.
7. Let the cakes cool downward as well as take from cups. Serve amongst or thence fresh shredded coconut.


Reviews from or thence tasters:
1. Bouncy, QQ
2. Doesn’t stick to the teeth
3. Yummy
4. Very soft as well as fluffy


What I respect from using dissimilar molds
1. Greased aluminium mini tart tins – real soft as well as fluffy, genuinely the fluffiest, but, virtually no smiles.


2. Lined aluminium mini tart tins – the apams smiled as well as are real soft as well as fluffy


3. Silicon mould- Bundt shape- Smiled, soft as well as fluffy but every bit expert every bit those inwards aluminium tart tins.






4. Silicon mould-Heart shaped based amongst a greater summit than width- smiled the widest as well as had the densest texture, notwithstanding soft as well as fluffy, but is the densest of all.


After I did this, I did or thence reading on the net, as well as flora that indeed to convey overnice smiles, u involve to steam the cakes inwards a loving cup that has greater summit than width. Truly that happened to my take in shaped silicon moulds. So, upward to you.. what produce u want? Bald or smiling? Actually I don’t genuinely care, I only desire it to live on soft as well as fluffy.

This recipe is a existent keeper. I volition role this recipe the adjacent fourth dimension I crave for or thence expert apam beras.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close