Love To Bake Chayote, Sweetness Corn Too Mushroom Soup



I saw this recipe on Blessed Homemaker’s. I was attracted to this soup, because it uses chayote. Well, to a greater extent than or less telephone telephone it buddha’s paw gourd, to a greater extent than or less telephone telephone it english gourd, whatsoever y'all telephone telephone it, it’s that greenish gourd amongst a slit inwards the middle.

I guide keep ever loved Chayote, because it is in addition to so swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
And indeed, when paired amongst sweetness corn inwards this soup, it is fifty-fifty sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeter. Infused amongst the fragrance of mushrooms. Minimal tabular array salt is needed, but, please, exercise non role loads of water, if not, don’t blame me if the soup is tasteless.

The master copy version called for Agrocybe aegerita mushrooms, but my shitakes weirdly are labeled every bit 茶树姑, the same Chinese rear for aegrocybes. I simply used that (hahaha, simply because the Chinese name’s the same), because I don’t guide keep agrocybe, the real茶树姑. My mushrooms are from Eu Yan Sang, in addition to so that can’t last wrong, I estimate they mightiness guide keep been grown on Chinese tea tree trunks. Actually they mightiness last camellia mushrooms , every bit the Chinese tea bush’s scientific rear is Camellia Sinensis, in addition to so I’m non surprised that these shitake lookalikes are actually camellia mushrooms, thence the Chinese translation 茶树姑.


Here’s what I did,
1 chayote, nearly 400gm, peeled in addition to cutting into chunks
two sweetness corns, cutting into minor pieces
five dried shitake mushrooms, soaked, cleaned in addition to halved
250gm pork loin or lean pork
2.5L H2O or 10 cups

Bring H2O to boil in addition to set inwards everything. Put inwards on high swallow for thirty minutes in addition to depression oestrus simmer for two hours. Season amongst a lilliputian chip of salt.

Everything got pretty tasteless subsequently all the boiling, but…… the soup is in addition to so flavourful. Everything went into the broth…. Yummy :)

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close