Love To Bake Fragrant Spicy Pork Belly 香辣猪腩



I got this recipe from this site.  I similar recipes from Meishi China. It's similar a Chinese Tastespotting or Foodgawker. I’ve followed a few amongst my express noesis of the Chinese written language, in addition to and thus far they haven’t failed me. Maybe sometimes, I involve to add together a flake to a greater extent than of this, or trim down a flake of that, but overall, I follow 90% of it, in addition to it works.

I don’t desire to purpose pork trotter, in addition to thus I changed it to pork belly. Made rattling modest fry changes but kept the residual equally close to the master copy recipe equally possible.

This is my get-go fourth dimension using Szechuan Peppercorn. I got mine at a Chinese Medical Hall. fifty sen is a lot, few tablespoons. I wonder when tin I purpose upwards the 50sen. Maybe forever.
 
The number is rattling nice. Mike ate in addition to thus much rice amongst this. My woman parent inwards police line wants me to build this for adjacent year’s CNY reunion dinner. One missy only.. non spicy plenty for me. I’ll add together two to a greater extent than dried chilies adjacent time.


So hither goes my translation in addition to adaptation

Fragrant Spicy Pork Belly Recipe

800gm pork belly amongst skin, cutting into large cubes, virtually 3cm
1 Tbsp oil

Aromatics
15gm ginger, peeled, sliced
2 shallots, peeled , halved (I added this because I don’t select 15gm of white parts of greenish onion)
2 sprig greenish onion, white parts only
3 cloves garlic, pare removed, whole pieces
3 dried chillies, seeds removed, to a greater extent than if you lot similar it extra spicy
1 star anise (2 if it’s modest or non rattling very fragrant)
½ tsp szechuan peppercorn ( master copy recipe called for 10 pcs only, but I’m lazy to count)

Seasoning (please purpose a proper mensuration spoon, if non the gustation volition non hold out accurate)
2 Tbsp Hot Bean Paste (Lee Kum Kee brand)
1 Tbsp cooking wine
1 tsp common salt
1 Tbsp low-cal soy sauce
1 tsp nighttime soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar

Few cups of H2O for braising



1. Bring a pot of H2O to boil. Put inwards pork belly cubes in addition to boil until meat turns opaque. Pour meat into a colander in addition to drain the H2O properly.
2. Heat a wok/claypot. Put inwards oil, swirl the crude oil around. Put inwards the scalded pork pieces, build certain they are spread some inwards i layer. Do non deed them amongst a spatula for xxx seconds. Then toss in addition to fry the meat until it is slightly browned.
3. Put all the aromatics onto the pork in addition to continues to toss in addition to fry until you lot tin aroma the aromatics.
4. Put inwards all the seasonings except the sugar in addition to popular off along to fry for i minute. (When you lot pose inwards the seasonings, create plough the oestrus to low, when you’re done putting inwards all the seasonings, supply to high oestrus in addition to cook)
5. Put inwards few cups of H2O (let the H2O comprehend all the meat) in addition to convey it to a boil. Cover wok/pot amongst lid. Turn oestrus to medium in addition to simmer until meat is tender (penetrable amongst your spatula or a chopstick, e'er cheque H2O level, add together to a greater extent than if it dries up.
6. When meat is tender, plough on high heat, pose inwards saccharide in addition to permit the gravy trim down to preferred consistency.

* Be careful. The gravy tin dry out upwards quite fast in addition to burn.

The pare in addition to obese layers is tender in addition to doesn't gustation obese at all. Very nice.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close