Love To Bake Fresh Apricot Jam



Fresh Apricot Jam. Yes. I made this together with you lot mightiness live on calling me crazy.

Fresh apricots are hence expensive hither together with buying a jolt of this jam seems cheaper. True, real true.

I was lucky to larn cheaper apricots the 24-hour interval I met upwards amongst Swee San of the Sweet Spot and Angie of Sea Salt amongst Food. Swee San told me to speedily larn catch a few punnets equally they were only selling for RM10/punnet of 350gm each. Haha, I bought iii punnets together with Swee San bought iii also (Swee San , right me if I'm wrong). Now amongst hence much apricots, the laid out thing that came to my heed was "jam".

If I'm given a selection of jam, Apricot Jam/Preserves ever comes laid out inward queue. Then it's sweetness marmalade, hence entirely it's strawberry jam. So, I'm making my favourite jam. Yum Yum.

I accept never made jam before, together with I'm non much of a breadstuff together with jam person, although I create eat it every at in 1 lawsuit together with then, but I don't eat breadstuff daily together with non fifty-fifty weekly. I entirely eat breadstuff in 1 lawsuit inward a bluish Luna together with jam is fifty-fifty blue-er. So, this was done out of curiosity. I googled for data together with hence I came out amongst this recipe. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 fleck from here, together with fleck from there, but basically, it's virtually the same equally most recipes.


Fresh Apricot Jam
500gm carbohydrate apricots
350gm carbohydrate (if apricots are sour, delight role 500gm)
1 Tbsp lemon juice


1. Wash together with piece apricots. Put everything into a heavy based pot.
2. Meanwhile, seat a plate into the freezer. Boil 2 jam bottles together with lids inward H2O for 10 minutes, together with your ladle together with any utensil you lot squall upwards to role for bottling or scooping the jam later.
3. Cook apricots (lid off) and carbohydrate over medium depression heat. It volition bubble together with bubble, only stir it every 10-15 seconds. I walked inward together with out of the kitchen during this time.
4. When the bubbling reduces (yes it's obvious), hence laid out stirring it all the fourth dimension hence that it volition non burn. The apricots volition laid out to "melt" together with you lot volition run across entirely "pasty" stuff, rather than whole bits of fruit.
5. To exam whether jam is ready, drib a fleck of jam onto the mutual frigidness saucer that you've seat inward the freezer earlier. Push the drib of jam. If the upper peel wrinkles, it's ready. Put inward lemon juice together with allow it boil for unopen to other minute.
6. Now fish out the bottles together with lids (caution: hot), don't impact the within or the cervix of the bottle together with the within of the lids amongst your hands. Drain the bottles together with it'll dry out upwards real fast..
7. Scoop real hot jam into the prepared bottles. Be careful.
8. Then speedily seat on the lid, screw tightly together with overturn bottle. Remember to wearable oven mittens or role a grabbing utensil for this.
9. Let it cool downward completely overturned together with the bottle volition live on vacuum sealed. To know whether it's vacuum sealed, only expect at the lid. The bulging business office of the lid would've gone down.

Do non opened upwards jam until you lot desire to eat it, if not, the seal volition live on broken. Keep jam referigerated in 1 lawsuit opened.
If you're making this for personal consumption or you lot accept loads of refrigerator infinite to spare, only seat the jam into dry, build clean jars (w/o boiling), no postulate to vacuum seal.
But if you lot conception to give these away equally gifts or desire to conk on it inward your cupboard, delight vacuum seal.


Actually if you lot inquire me, whether this jam scent super amongst all those apricots, I'd say, non really. It's due to my apricots. I used "sugar apricots" here. They may gustatory modality real sweet, but they are non equally fragrant equally my sour apricots used inward the almond tart, galette together with stone fruit cake. Next year, I'm going to larn those sourish apricots to build jam. But no affair how this jam smells, it nonetheless scent similar apricots, only non equally first-class when compared to those sourish ones. Tastewise, real good. It's non that sweetness when compared to commercial jams, similar Chivers or St Dalfours. And you lot tin spread a thicker layer onto your favourite bread.
My daughters honey this jam together with it's the fastest dissapearing jam ever inward the identify (until now)

How much did this 2 bottles of jam toll me? The amount of apricots hither toll me RM15, together with addition unopen to carbohydrate together with unopen to lemon juice, it's non fifty-fifty RM20 for 2 bottles. It's slightly more expensive than the 2 brands of jams I mentioned, but fruit composition wise.. mine is more. My MIL(yes, she's back) and aunt said, the best is eat amongst peace of mind. No preservatives together with no additives. Please don't inquire me how long this jam tin keep. I accept no sentiment because this jam was gone inward only a week.



See the breadstuff here? It's pumpernickel bread. I'll live on posting this 2 days later. Oh yes, I mightiness live on trying out making apricot jam using dried apricots. Might only.. don't know when.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close