Love To Bake Rock Fruit Tea Cake Again.. Alongside Vanilla


I made this again, Yes I did!!!

I said I volition endeavor this ane time to a greater extent than amongst the master crust recipe as well as yep I did.

I said I'll utilisation fresh apricots as well as peaches if I meet them, as well as yep I did

Did I prefer this over the orangish crust? Oh yep I did, as well as I all the same do.




The outset cake never lasted to a greater extent than than 1 day, all build clean up. But then, for this, I made this slightly bigger as well as it took me as well as my mom as well as to a greater extent than or less others two days to complete it. It was ameliorate the adjacent day, cos the wet from the fruits penetrated the cake as well as it was thus lovely.

Oh yesteryear the way, my peaches are darn sour too, too my super sour apricots.... thus instead of sprinkling the carbohydrate on the crust, I sprinkled a generous amount of carbohydrate on the fruits, earlier I toppped amongst the dollops of batter, as well as skipped the carbohydrate for the crust. It was all the same slightly sourish later it came out from the oven. And weirdly, the sourness were greatly reduced the adjacent day. The cake was sweetness as well as flavourful. Hahaha!!! I don't know why!

1 Tbsp butter (for greasing pan), or simply similar the pan amongst newspaper as well as skip the butter
200gm all role flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
2/3 tsp salt
130gm carbohydrate (pulverized amongst seeds from 1 vanilla bean)
115gm butter
two eggs
Extra carbohydrate for sprinkling.
3 peaches, iv apricots as well as 1 dark plum, or whatsoever other rock fruit that you lot like, cherries, nectarines or fresh prunes

1. Preheat the oven to 160/180C. Prepare a 7X12 baking tray, buttered or lined amongst paper, or simply utilisation a 9 inch circular or foursquare pan.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, as well as common salt together inward a bowl. With a mixer, cream the carbohydrate as well as butter together on medium-high speed for 3 to v minutes, until low-cal as well as fluffy. Add the eggs ane at a time, scraping downward the sides of the bowl later each addition.
3.. Add the flour inward two or iii shifts, mixing simply until a polish dough forms. It volition live pretty soft still.
Divide dough into two portions, ane slightly larger than the other. Dollop the larger constituent of batter onto prepared pan. Use a spoon to press downward the dollops as well as spread it around.
4. Cut fruits into small pieces. Scatter the fruit over the dough. Generously sprinkle amongst carbohydrate if they are sour. Dollop small balls of dough over the fruit. It volition await charming no affair how fifty-fifty the blobs are, thus don't worry too much nearly getting them perfect.
5. Bake for thirty to xl minutes (I baked for 35), or until lightly golden as well as firm. Cool for thirty minutes earlier serving.

By the means if you lot desire to know how much this cake toll me, almost RM30 and it's a week's lunch.


I'll live watching out for belatedly flavour rock fruits every bit these early on flavour ones are simply thus sour. My s elderberry blood brother ane time worked for a summer(for fun) in a fruit orchard inward New Zealand, as well as he told me nearly belatedly flavour fruits, as well as all the best ones were non sold, but they all went into the tummies of all the fruit pickers. He was a proud "I'm a cherry picker" fella, amongst t shirts every bit his proof.

This time, it definately had a to a greater extent than rustic look... Simply looked homemade :)
Made as well as photographed inward Kampar


Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close