Love To Bake Soda Cream Crackers


Sometimes when I purchase the 1L pack of whipping cream, I can’t utilisation it up. And sometimes in that location are recipes that telephone vociferation upwards for only to a greater extent than or less cream, together with it’ll endure a waste materials to purchase fifty-fifty a 200ml pack for that. So, whenever I purchase that 1L pack, I’ll produce a few things amongst it, together with i of it volition endure cream crackers.

I got this recipe from here but I replaced the milk together with butter total amongst whipping cream, added to a greater extent than or less common salt together with carbohydrate together with voila!!! Home made cream crackers. I don’t know why hers are together with then puffy together with mine are only similar that… but anyway, the crackers are yummy together with crispy.
I halved the recipe

225gm all operate flour
½ tsp instant yeast (I recommend Saf Yeast for this recipe, cos Saf is sourish, you lot tin read the teaching behind the yeast's pack to add together to a greater extent than or less element of group I to the dough, together with this yeast is only perfect hither due to the improver of baking soda)
½ tsp sodium bicarbonate
½ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
130gm whipping cream

1. Mix all the dry out ingredients together together with brand a good inward the center. Put inward cream together with mix. Knead to cast a shine dough.(Kneading is of import to cast the combat layers but likewise much volition harden the crackers)
2. Leave aside for one-half an hour (The ori recipe didn’t convey this step, I did xxx mins but I reccomend proofing it for an hr or until double for improve combat layers)
3. Roll out dough into 2-3mm thickeness.
4. Cut amongst cookie cutter, (coat with caster sugar) and poke amongst fork.
5. Bake inward preheated oven at 180C or 190C (if your oven has no fan) for 10 minutes.



These crackers larn soft easily, together with then endure quick to pack them into air tight containers i time they convey cooled down. When they convey al cooled down, I position all of them inward i tray, together with bake them i time to a greater extent than at 150C for to a greater extent than or less other 10 minutes to dry out them further. Really crispy this way.

If always they larn lose their crispiness again, zap them inward the microwave for a few seconds, larn out to cool together with you’ll endure munching on crispy crispy cream crackers again.

Warning: Be careful amongst the baking soda amount. I threw my 2nd effort away because I overdosed on baking soda together with my crackers tasted really element of group I (like lye water). I didn't utilisation Saf yeast for both atempts, but I solely flora out Saf is sourish the difficult agency when my steamed buns all became sourish. Then I read the yeast's packing together with flora out, Darn!!! Alkaline should endure added when one bakes amongst Saf yeast. So, if you're non using Saf, delight endure really careful non to overdose amongst the baking soda.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close