German Spud Dumplings (Kartoffelkloesse) – Dial-Up Roughly Delicious Dumplings

Sorry for the belatedly upload, but I had some mysterious modem issues, as well as this High German murphy dumpling video took over five hours to upload! I was having flashbacks to those good, one-time dial-up AOL days, as well as they weren’t proficient flashbacks. I create missy that cool modem sound, but that's nearly it.

Anyway, it’s late, but I wanted to postal service the element amounts, as well as perhaps I'll add together some to a greater extent than information tomorrow, although these are as well as then basic that’s likely non necessary. The exclusively tip I’ll plough over is that I retrieve baking the potatoes industrial plant improve than boiling them whole. Peeling, quartering, as well as boiling until tender volition also work, but don’t overcook them, otherwise they'll absorb also much water.

By the way, if you’re German, or know the same things they do, I’d beloved to acquire why we're sticking croutons inwards the middle of these things. I totally acquire the crumbs on top, but inside? If you lot convey an explanation, I’d similar beloved to require heed it, as well as inwards the meantime, I actually create promise you lot plough over these a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 8 to 10 High German Potato Dumplings:
2 large russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
salt, freshly lay down dark pepper, as well as cayenne to taste
pinch of nutmeg
2 large eggs
1 loving cup flour
fresh chives to garnish
For the croutons/crumbs
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
2 cups fresh breadstuff cubes
-->
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close