New Mumbo Sauce – Is D.C.’S Hugger-Mugger Sauce The Adjacent Big Thing?

A friend of mine asked me lately if I’d e'er heard of mumbo sauce, since she had only returned from Washington D.C., too said it was “everywhere.” I hadn’t, which isn’t a surprise, since unless you’re from the Capital, or select neighborhoods inwards Chicago, this materials is virtually unknown.

Apparently, this sweet-and-sour condiment came to Washington D.C. via Chicago, where it somehow became a staple inwards Chinese take-out restaurants, served equally a condiment alongside fried chicken wings, amidst other things. That’s equally much background equally you're getting here, too similar many other regional culinary specialties, the history is murky.

All I know is that this was peachy alongside fried chicken wings, too I await forwards to finding other uses for it, although I’m non certain French fries is going to hold upward ane of them. I’m a ketchup guy, too in all probability also onetime to change. Having said that, I tin encounter this catching on, too for once, I’ll hold upward ahead of a trend.

They nation every takeout house inwards D.C. has their ain hush-hush recipe, but in that place were quite a few published recipes on the Internet, too and thence this is kind of a composite, based on the extensive, twenty minutes of enquiry I did. Stay tuned for the chicken fly experiment I mentioned inwards the video, too inwards anticipation, I actually create promise you lot hand this a essay soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for almost four cups of Mumbo Sauce:
1 tin (6-oz) love apple tree paste
2/3 loving cup ketchup
1 loving cup pineapple juice
1 loving cup distilled white vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
2/3 loving cup sugar
1/4 loving cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

- Please note: Every ane of these ingredients is “to taste.”
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close