New “Pad Thai” Popcorn – How V Seconds Of Late-Night Telly Changed The Hereafter Of Caramel Corn

Every i time inward a groovy while, I larn a nutrient wishing from someone I admire together with observe together with then much that I exactly can’t tell no. This “Pad Thai” popcorn recipe was their latest request, together with every bit always, I was to a greater extent than than thrilled to brand this really influential person’s snack dream come upwardly true. Who is this mystery foodie? Me!

I was channel surfing belatedly i night, together with caught the really tail destination of a exhibit featuring a hot topographic point inward Charleston, SC, called The Gin Joint. The topic was unique bar eats, together with the host was talking nigh something called, “Pad Thai” popcorn. What was that?

I heard those words, together with saw mayhap v seconds of footage of what looked similar caramel corn inward a basket, together with that was it. Frustrated, but quite excited, I jumped online to detect the bar’s website, together with hopefully the recipe. Nothing.

There were a few links alongside people talking nigh it, together with a brace prison theater mobile telephone pictures, but no actual official recipe to survive found. So, I decided to plow over myself a nutrient wishing – figure out how to recreate this extraordinary-sounding snack. I decided to only fortify a measure caramel corn recipe alongside peanuts, lime, hot chilies, fish sauce, together with cilantro.

Maybe it was beginner’s luck, or the collective consciousness of all the pathetic souls who’ve tasted that popcorn together with desperately wished they could become far at home, but it came out incredibly well. Crispy, crunchy, sweet, spicy, aromatic, together with awesome! You know I’m a fan of the hyperbole, but it’s alongside all sincerity that I say, this may survive the greatest caramel popcorn-related snack breakthrough since balls.

By the way, since this was my rootage attempt, delight experience gratis to conform the ingredients amounts together with study back. I intend adjacent fourth dimension I’ll add together a fleck to a greater extent than lime together with fish sauce, for a fiddling extra kick. I may too explore using tamarind juice and/or palm sugar. Anyway, I promise yous plow over this unbelievably addictive “Pad Thai” popcorn a essay soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for nigh 8 cups of Pad Thai Popcorn:
1/3 to 1/2 loving cup popping corn kernels (roughly 8 cups prepared popcorn)
1 loving cup finely chopped dry-roasted, salted peanuts
1/4 loving cup chopped cilantro
For the caramel sauce:
1/2 loving cup packed dark-brown sugar
1/4 loving cup vegetable oil
1/4 loving cup corn syrup
2 or three tsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp freshly grated lime zest
1 1/2 tbsp Asian fish sauce (fyi, if yous don't purpose fish sauce, you'll convey to add together salt)
1 rounded tablespoon Sambal carmine chili sauce, or really finely diced fresh hot chilies
rounded 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder)
*bake 45 minutes at 250 degrees F., tossing three or four times during the cooking.

View the consummate recipe

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close