Love To Bake Pork Stew 卤猪肉 - Bellygood # 2




This is a pop dwelling solid cooked dish. After blogging I got to know that Hokkiens telephone phone this Tau Yew Bak, but my menage unit of measurement beingness Cantonese, calls this Lou Chu Yoke 卤猪肉. As inwards Pork Stew.

My mom cooks this therefore ofttimes that I almost got sick of it when I was inwards my teens. Being her, using only i pot too beingness able to gear upwards this inwards advance makes this i of her favs. So ofttimes that nosotros consume this almost weekly.
Sometimes she'll throw inwards only about dried chilli, sometimes none. But basically she goes amongst the same few ingredients. My mom volition saute the aromatics inwards the clay pot too therefore throw inwards the pork too seasonings, gear upwards it for a acre too therefore pour inwards the H2O to simmer. I on the other hand, prefers to gear upwards the pork amongst seasonings until the meat is browned too crude starts to ooze out. Then only I lay inwards the water. I don't ain a clay pot, therefore I only gear upwards this either inwards the wok or inwards a pocket-sized pot.

If you lot are lazy to gear upwards to a greater extent than dishes but desire variety, throw inwards only about deep fried tofu too difficult boiled eggs too fish them out earlier serving on a split upwards plate, too you'll convey iii dishes from that i pot, LOL. Talk almost beingness convenient, mom, I'm learning from you.

My mom's version is sweeter too to a greater extent than robust, compared to some other versions, cooked yesteryear other people that I've eaten before. I'm only describing her version, too non maxim hers is amend than yours. Each menage unit of measurement volition convey their ain versions.



Pork Stew 卤猪肉
Recipe source: WendyinKK
Recreated from : My mom's version

600gm pork belly (skin on), cutting into 1/2 inch pieces.
twenty white peppercorns, cracked
1 star anise
1 inch ginger
iii cloves garlic, peel on, smashed
1 tsp cornstarch mixed amongst only about water

Seasnonings
iii Tbsp calorie-free soy sauce
two Tbsp nighttime soy sauce (use less if using nighttime caramel sauce)
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp Shao Xing wine


1. In a pocket-sized pot, lay inwards 1-2 Tbsp of oil. Saute ginger, garlic, peppercorns too star anise until fragrant too garlic looks slightly golden.
2. Put inwards pork belly too tiddler until meat looks opaque.
3. Put inwards seasonings too gear upwards until the groovy dries upwards too you lot tin encounter to a greater extent than crude inwards the pot. It volition odor awesome at this point.
4. Put inwards water, plenty to encompass the pork. Bring to a boil too lower to a simmer for 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
5. Thicken gravy amongst cornstarch mixture until preferred consistency.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close