Love To Bake Candied Kokosnoot - White Carbohydrate Version


I made candied kokosnoot alongside gula melaka (palm sugar) agency dorsum inwards 2008. I was rattling very satisfied alongside the result. So, alongside some other blogger meet-up coming upwards (I'm the final to weblog close it, thence I'll non become into the details, you lot tin read close it at Sonia's, Reese's too Pei Lin's), it's a skillful gamble for me to brand this again, since making equally good lilliputian is a flake equally good wasteful too equally good much for personal comsumption is non a skillful sentiment :)
Good things are meant to live shared, HAHAHAHAH!! Don't always instruct fatty alone, LOL.



So, you lot must live wondering, where did I instruct my kokosnoot flesh.
From the moisture market!!

*
Long ago(20 yrs ago), nosotros could only purchase grated kokosnoot from the market.
*
Sometime dorsum too thence (about fifteen yrs ago) , nosotros could purchase freshly squeezed kokosnoot milk from the market, too it's made alongside coconuts that were halved too grated yesteryear asset the kokosnoot halves against the electrical grater, too thence the grated kokosnoot is poured into a automobile to instruct the milk out.
*
The latest : You won't discovery the electrical grater alongside a precipitous ball too a upright basin at the moisture market.
What you lot volition regard is a grater that industrial plant similar a newspaper shredder. Put the whole pieces of flesh inwards the upright feeding hole, too what comes out is finely grated coconut. Then the grated kokosnoot is too thence poured into the extrator too milk comes out :) The latest method is a lot lot faster!
*

So, what does this has to produce alongside where to instruct the kokosnoot flesh pieces???
The answer is, instruct your kokosnoot flesh pieces from the kokosnoot milk vendor earlier they plough it into grated coconut. LOL. Sorry simply existence a bad joker here.



This time, I made ii versions, the old palm carbohydrate version too I tried out the quondam fashioned white carbohydrate version.



Recipe is pretty easy

Just proceed the ratio of carbohydrate to coconut, 1: 2 too you'll live fine. Means, if you lot used 1kg kokosnoot flesh, role 500gm sugar. And I hateful cleaned peeled coconut. Not the initial weight that you lot bought from the market. Last fourth dimension I used the weight I bought too ended upwards alongside equally good much carbohydrate inwards the pot, a flake wasted.

So, here's how





Cook on medium oestrus until the whole pot of kokosnoot looks watery too cut down to depression oestrus to gear upwards until totally dry. Stir too toss alongside chopsticks non spoon. Stirring is only needed occasionally until it looks almost dry, too thence it has to live all the time.

So, here's how the white 1 looks similar at nowadays after cooking. Pretty dry out right? And nope, the base of operations is non burnt.

Not equally good hard right?


And 1 thing, I desire to portion alongside you.
If you lot retrieve that you lot desire to purchase the purest too best gula melaka to brand this snack, DO NOT DO THAT!

The 1 higher upwards is the latest too the 1 below was done inwards 2008

Can you lot regard the deviation of my latest endeavour alongside the quondam one?
One looks dry out too 1 looks clumpy alongside sugar.
Last time, I used those low-cal coloured palm carbohydrate (light chocolate-brown non Thai milky coloured ones), which are a lot less pure(made alongside added white sugar) and are harder.
Pure ones are soft too moist, crumbly when pressed too definately needs refrigeration, if non it'll sweat.
Using pure ones is a bad decision.
I forgot that raw sugars similar this are acidic, too when it's acidic, the carbohydrate won't dry out properly too stayed inwards clumps. So in times similar these, improve purchase the less pure materials thence that you lot tin convey dry out dry coconut, non clumpy ones.


And if you're wondering what am I wearing inwards that pic? Looks frumpy... Well, it's a motherhood dress.
Yes, I am almost four calendar month preggers at nowadays and the baby's due early on June.
I haven't been cooking or baking since early on Oct (unless I convey no choice), up until ii days earlier the lastest blogger encounter (just final week), too yeah, the weblog is running alongside no baking too cooking inwards my kitchen too it could all the same run alongside daily posts until March, yes it's that crazy.
Baking too cooking mojo has been on super depression gear during the 1st trimester too I'm glad it's dorsum now.

But I won't live on high gear til rattling much later, I'm busy busy busy now, too hopefully yesteryear Jan, I'll live moving into my novel family alongside a novel oven too a few to a greater extent than novel toys.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close