Love To Bake Fried Sago Worms, Fearfulness Element Sarawak Agency - Mff Sarawak #4



During my 2d twelvemonth inwards uni, a bunch of us from the same course of teaching flew over to Sarawak for a eleven twenty-four hr catamenia vacation (BSPTers, right me if I'm wrong). It was absolutely fun fun fun fun fun!!! We accept a a few immature human coursemates who come upward from Kuching together with they were soooo happy to accept us visiting.

Before the holidays started, I told of them that I desire to endeavour Sago worms. That's my biggest "want to endeavour thing" inwards the list. FYI, I'm non a worm lover. I am extremely fearful of anything that wriggles, peculiarly earthworms. But for this, I braved myself. Because if not, I'll lose an invaluable Sarawakian experience.


Just afterwards nosotros landed, our friend got two vans together with drove us sightseeing some Kuching. Stopped yesteryear ane identify together with and thus she took out a plastic container, together with surprised me. Tadah! I didn't recognise it at kickoff because they were all flat! I asked her what was that, she said, the worms that I requested. I took one, tried to consume it....... the residue of them followed.

It was delicious! Serious!

Imagine the odour of fragrantly fried peanuts amongst the texture of fried beancurd peel similar ngoh hiang... yeah, only similar that. How disgusting tin that be??? Just unopen the optic together with eat!

Everybody except ane tried. DSPW, u lor!

We went touring some Kuching together with afterwards that to Miri





At virtually the halt of our trip, nosotros went to the Farmer's marketplace together with at that spot I saw to a greater extent than worms!! I was soooo excited together with asked my friend to purchase it. I dared non deport on the bag, seriously squeemish of it, scared they'll wriggle out together with seize amongst teeth me.  Each was thirty sen, I think, We bought thirty worms.



When nosotros reached home... nosotros washed them together with cooked them... how did I ready them

Here's the recipe for u to try, hahahaha!

Fried Sago Worms
Recipe yesteryear WendyinKK

Ingredients:
Sago worms

Method
1. Prepare a basin of water.
2. Throw inwards all the worms from packaging into the basin. Let it swim until it is clean.
3. Discard the swimming H2O together with pour inwards fresh H2O together with allow the worms bathe cleanly.
4. Pick upward all the worms together with drain good inwards a colander. You may demand to repeat the bathing process.
5. Heat a wok, gear upward a lid.
6. When wok is hot, pour inwards all the worms together with encompass amongst lid. Turn oestrus to medium depression together with allow it ready for 1 minute.
7. Remove the lid, the worms should halt wriggling yesteryear now. The worms laid about to plough juicy.
8. Use medium oestrus together with ready until the worms unloosen crude oil together with fries inwards their ain fat.
9. When worms are dry out together with crispy, dish upward together with serve warm.


that manus belongings on to mine was DSPW's. She considered that she had held them via my hand. LOL



Please don't puke!
It's delicious!

Oh yes, my friend's blood brother helped to swim together with bathe the worms. I only cooked it. LOL!



Me together with my friend Pei Foon ate the most. Most of them took 1 or 2, together with both of us cleared upward the plate.

It's a fleck lamentable to come across my pictures looking worn.. I wonder for how many to a greater extent than years tin I operate along them.


I am submitting this to Malaysian Food Fest,
Sarawak Month hosted yesteryear Sharon of Feats of Feasts
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close