Love To Bake Sting Ray Asam Pedas - Mff Johor #1 *With Video



Oh Johor!

I've spent three years inwards this state. 1 yr correct inwards the ground uppercase Johor Bahru (JB) and ii to a greater extent than years inwards a bordering area, Selancar of which I'll pace into Segamat at to the lowest degree three times during the weekdays.

I remembered my yr inwards Johor too that was the best Ramadan sense ever. Usually, the food sold at Ramadan bazaars are a gamble, amongst 60% 'not delicious' risk, too a really high 'yuck' endangerment for kuihs. But inwards JB, I pick out never bought a kuih that is non delicious. Well, it may non endure to my liking, but generally, the gustation is skillful because they don't skimp on the ingredients. Coconut milk is used generously. But to endure fair, the toll is also higher inwards JB, but that is worth it. I'd pay for character kuihs that won't goal upwardly inwards the bin. I don't desire to waste matter my money.


I create realise inwards JB, that most nutrient create gustation strong. Seasonings, spices.. everything is 'kow'! Or is it merely those places I went to? I don't know, 1 yr is truly quite brusk to explore the local cuisine inwards depth. I pick out a few favourites from JB, namely Laksa Johor, Bihun Soto, too Nasi Lemak Senibong. I am in love with the outset ii that whenever I pace into the jitney station, the torso volition walk transcend the soto stall too I volition endeavor really difficult non to sit down down. But I can't resist it. Whenever I meet laksa johor (the thick one), I can't help but purchase it, because I knew, later that 1 year.... it's no more. I don't commonly teach to Johor. I used to travel East Coast quite often, but I don't locomote downwards south, weirdly. I am entirely inwards the due south for valid reasons, for go or studies, never for play. No no, Legoland is non inwards my plans at all.

Unforgettable kuihs are similar kuih kole kacang, tepung gomak, nagasari too talam suhun (talam tokyo). And the Javanese nutrient in that location is overnice too! My favourite Javanese dish is the kacang goreng jawa. They create it truly overnice there, amongst a skillful wok smell. Chinese food.... ehhh..... they gustation skillful la, but I create non know of whatever particular dishes distinct of JB. I tin rank the axe entirely missy Lavender bakery, LOL.



Now this dish, sting ray asam pedas. LOL. I am truly laughing at myself.
I pick out been cooking sting ray inwards this means for more than 10 years but I never knew it is Johor's style. I've eaten many versions of asam fish too it's e'er this version that wins my heart. Johor's trend uses torch ginger too daun kesum. And they saute the chilli glue earlier preparing the gravy.

Northern trend merely boils everything, spell Melaka trend uses other garden herbs too spices. They all don't gustation the same, don't aroma the same.

So hither I convey to you, my favourite Sting Ray Asam Pedas



Asam Pedas Ikan Pari / Spicy Tamarind Sting Ray
Recipe by: WendyinKK
Reference : CT Delima too My resipi

700gm sting ray
1 torch ginger bud, halved
four sprigs of daun kesum (Vietnamese mint), 6-8 inches long each
ii lemon grass (4 inches from the base), smashed
10 immature okra, trimmed
ii tomatoes, quartered
75gm + 25gm tamarind pulp
750ml water
four Tbsp oil
ii Tbsp saccharide
1/3 tsp common salt

Grind to a paste
12 dried chillies (seeds removed too soaked to soften)
1 onion
four cloves garlic
15gm ginger (about 1 Tbsp amount, if chopped, merely eyeball it)
5gm turmeric origin (about 1 tsp amount, if chopped, merely eyeball it)
5gm belachan/shrimp glue (about 1 tsp amount, merely eyeball it)

1. Cut sting ray into preferred size. Rub 25gm of tamarind pulp onto sting ray. Let it sit down for thirty minutes too and thence rinse the sting ray pieces clean. (while the sting ray marinates, y'all tin rank the axe fix the chilli paste)
2. Rub 75gm tamarind inwards 750ml H2O until the seeds looks clean. Strain it. Discard the seeds. Save the ‘juice’.
3. Heat wok too seat inwards oil. Saute chilli glue until it looks glossy (there volition endure visible stone oil inwards the wok).
4. Put inwards lemon grass, torch ginger, daun kesum too and thence tamarind juice. Bring to a boil.
5. Put inwards sting ray pieces, common salt too sugar. Bring it dorsum to a boil too taste, adapt gustation if needed. Let it simmer for most 2-3 minutes. Sting ray is cooked when it tin rank the axe endure flaked easily.
6. Put inwards okra too permit it create for 1 minute. Put inwards tomatoes, rank it a calorie-free toss too plow off the heat.
7. Dish upwardly too serve amongst rice.

Here is the video



 My comfort food. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 plate of pipe hot rice amongst lots of asam pedas gravy. It's orgasmic. LOL.

I similar to meet these beautiful lines of the sting ray. Yes, y'all tin rank the axe cutis them off, layer past times layer


I am submitting this to Annie of Annielicious Food
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close