Love To Bake My X Fav Kitchen Items As Well As Your Q Answered - Overstep To Know Me Week- #4

These are my electrical flow favourite items inward the kitchen. Some are build specific, some are not.
No i paid me anything inward whatever shape to banknote these equally my favs.

1. Hand mixer.
Ohh... amongst a KA on the counter doesn't hateful I don't demand this. I've been using this Philips infant since my Braun died on me inward December 2007. Cheap at RM59, amongst priceless memory. I made thus much skillful stuff amongst this thing. Frankly I prefer using this to build cake batter. I utilization the KA by as well as large for staff of life or sponge cakes, but other than that, it's all this skillful buddy's job. I prefer this model to Kenwood's. I've used my friend's Kenwood as well as my arms were 'trembling' after using hers. Because her mixer won't halt trembling as well as caused me to shiver too. LOL. This build is definitely to a greater extent than stable. My one-time dead Braun was skillful too.



2. Cleaver.
This infant has been amongst me since............. 1998. When I moved into a educatee menage inward Uni, staying together amongst OiLai, I bought this cleaver at the local crockery store as well as has been using it since, until today.
If I could exclusively select i knife inward the kitchen as well as elimimate others, this volition live the i I keep





3. Tesco Baking Paper
It's non stick! Actually, Glad plant the same, but Glad is pricey. This newspaper makes cookies slide off, smoothen as well as beautiful. Even for macarons. I honey this. The size as well as dimension is lovely to piece of work with. Use it either way, horizontally or vertically for the baking tray is fine, either y'all desire it to jibe inward or conduct hold overlaps, exactly plough the scroll unopen to as well as cut, no wastage at all. But compared to Glad, the size of Tesco's newspaper is bigger as well as to a greater extent than user friendly. Glad's newspaper is somehow, narrower. when I'm done using this paper, I exactly stick the scroll dorsum into the drawer. No demand to flexure anything similar how store bought baking newspaper is, i large big sheet. Take banknote that there's some other similiar looking newspaper scroll inward Tesco as well as that is greaseproof newspaper as well as nope, that's non it.




4. Ikea's 365 Pots
I bought the large i first, as well as how I loved using it. I honey the measuring markings yesteryear the side. When I boil soups, I know how much the H2O has reduced as well as I know how much I should add together dorsum should it went likewise low. I loved the large i thus much that I bought a smaller i to boil lesser amounts. It's like shooting fish in a barrel to clean, plus, it's thick and heavy based, agency my congee don't displace easily as well as cooking jam inward this is fabulous. It's thus much amend to utilization than Zebra brand. LOL. I know it's non the best pot around, but it's cheap, comparatively to other heavy based pots, this is definitely worth every penny.




5. Ikea's Akut Utensil set
Cheap as well as prissy to use. I utilization this real very ofttimes as well as I honey the minor size of the turner. Better than wooden spoons. At to the lowest degree no residue aroma as well as no fungus.




6. Stainless Steel Strainer.
I honey this baby. I bought this for RM5, quite big, seven inches inward diameter. Even though I bought other strainers at a higher toll at crockery stores, but they e'er seem to rust and I can't trust as well as purchase some other one? This i has been next me for 10 years as well as it's nonetheless shiny as well as pretty. Cheap but good. Bought it at a RM5 store inward Midvalley but it's non Daiso.
The conduct hold is prissy to utilization when I desire to blanch food, similar noodles or vege. I tin dip the whole affair into my Ikea 365 pot as well as blanch whatever I want




7. Corelle Dinnerware
when they came back. The bumping of taking off as well as landing could live likewise much for these plates. So, how tin the kids intermission these? It's prophylactic for them to utilization
2nd. It's lightweight. I don't worry when my kids accept this as well as use, it's non heavy for them.
3rd: It's prophylactic for them. Do y'all desire your kid's hot porridge to live ladled into a plastic bowl? Why non utilization a safer stuff similar drinking glass as well as Corelle is glass.
4th: These salve space. I stacked thirty pcs of these into my cabinet as well as it exclusively took upwardly thus lilliputian space.
I'm using these babies everyday since I moved to this menage as well as I'm non keeping it for particular occasions. It's meant for daily use. Scrub it, boil it, bake it.. exactly don't displace it.



8. Victorinox peeler
My aunt got me this from Switzerland, but y'all tin larn this inward U.S. too. Wondering if this is available inward this region. I honey this because I could cutis soft fruits amongst this peeler that commons peelers can't do.



9. Enameled wok
I won't desire to modify to some other type of wok, unless for real very rigid reasons.  I honey this type of wok. I tin chi chi cha cha amongst it, non needing to worry virtually it's surface as well as bask the procedure of stir frying. This wok also gives real skillful temperature control. The minute I plough downwardly the heat, the oestrus goes low, the minute I crank it up, it goes up. Unlike stainless steel woks that retains oestrus as well as is thus irksome to oestrus up. And different cast atomic number 26 woks, it doesn't rust as well as I launder it amongst lather daily. It's real lite as well as I tin exactly locomote on it anywhere. It doesn't conduct hold viscous issues provided y'all used oil, of course. I honey this wok, honey it, honey it.




10. Tupperware Dish Wash
If y'all abhor cleaning pastic ware because y'all can't launder it clean, squeaky clean, fifty-fifty after 5 soapings. Try this. After using this dish wash, I never fright washing plastic items anymore. One swipe is plenty to larn it clean. Hello, of course! It's made yesteryear a plastic ware fellowship for y'all to build clean its products, definitely it cleans plastic well. So, it' even amend amongst non plastic ware similar drinking glass as well as ceramic or fifty-fifty stainless steel, squeaky clean!
But if y'all honey sudsy dish wash, as well as thus skip this. This is depression inward suds as well as fifty-fifty when y'all run into no suds, it's cleaning ability is nonetheless good. If y'all are using this as well as it's real sudsy, as well as thus y'all are actually wasting it yesteryear using likewise much.


******************************************************************************
Your Questions Answered
Not many asked. And no i asked questions virtually me Wendy, except virtually the kitchen as well as house. So, don't shipping me emails yell for virtually 'me' again. *Jokingla* I know y'all all are shy :)

Here's the few who asked questions that should live shared amongst all.

1. Jes's Deli Kitchen :
Q:I'm wondering how ofttimes y'all build clean your kitchen
A: No fourth dimension frame. Whenever it's dirty. But I practise build clean upwardly the piece of work surface area properly each fourth dimension after use.

2, Iceamericanos
Q1: Just wondering, what did u pose inward the cabinet on top of the hood? So high to reach...
A1: Nothing, yet. My carpenter told me to build a cabinet in that location to cover the hood's piping.

Q2: And the utensils, practise u launder them earlier every use? Cuz difficult to halt lizards crawling yesteryear leh.
A2: What y'all don't see, don't aroma don't exist. LOL. So far no signs of lizards there, lizards volition e'er exit souvenirs. I utilization them daily, launder them at night, drip dry out oredi throughout the night, as well as thus utilization i time again inward the morning.

Q3: How practise u build clean your marble tabular array after each use? U know sometimes its thus oily after shaping staff of life dough.. as well as how practise u build clean it earlier using?
A3: With a build clean wet towel? Marble tops are like shooting fish in a barrel to clean. Rinse the cloth a few times. Use hot towel if it's likewise oily. Not ideal to utilization lather often (still tin utilization but non often) on them as marble is porous. If they tin absorb the soap, thus tin they unloosen it out on your dough. I grew upwardly amongst a marble tabular array at home, as well as that was how nosotros cleaned it all the time

Reese
Q:  Still wonder how y'all care a build clean menage amongst three kids without a maid!!...
A: Don't come upwardly to my menage w/o warning. LOL. You'll scare me. My menage is similar a warzone. I larn fed upwardly cleaning the hall cos each fourth dimension the girls wake up, it's all inward a mess again. I exclusively sweep when neccessary, mop when neccessary. Not daily. Can exceed if daily. Luckily my wife didn't complain, cos if he did, pergi buat sendiri la! LOL

And earlier I unopen this week, There are some stuff I would similar to add. It seems that some of y'all are interested to know the reasons why I did my kitchen my way.

1. 3sinks, if y'all noticed ;)
two sinks for oily stuff as well as is placed at the piece of work area. One is for non oily stuff similar cups as well as milk bottles as well as is placed at the drinks department thus that the individual cooking is non disturbed as well as of course, the unmarried sink is e'er cleaner for milk prep. And e'er identify them infront of the window for maximum sunlight. Sinks placed inward black areas tend to grow mould easily, real very easily. I hated my one-time ktichen sink. Scrubbed it almost daily to take mould, thus does the tiles unopen to it.

2. Bookshelf inward Kitchen.
I demand cookbooks close me when I demand them, non thatI desire to run far to larn them, or walk far to render them to their master copy spot. But accept banknote to identify them far from the stove area.

3. Big as well as deep sink
I abhor it when it splashes when I launder the wok. So, larn a deep huge sink for all y'all wokkers.

4. Drying rack for pots as well as basins
Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 dish drainer isn't enough. So, I added a pot rack on top of the dish drainer to dry out my pots, basins as well as Tupperware.


5. No cabinets to a higher identify rice cooker/slow cooker area.
Take banknote that the steam emitted during the cooking procedure mightiness spoil the cabinet , so, I didn't pose whatever cabinets to a higher identify the piece of work surface area equally I planned to conduct hold my rice cooker as well as irksome cooker there.

6. Dish Cabinet
I placed this equally unopen equally possible to where I drain my dishes. Don't desire to walk far to locomote on them




7. Drawers as well as Cabinets for snacks as well as drinks.
All placed close the unmarried tap. Convenient as well as reduces walking :)
Most of all, shouldn't disrupt the individual who is cooking



8. Counter meridian as well as drawer height.
Make certain the counter is at a meridian that y'all experience comfortable with. My one-time house's counter was likewise depression as well as made my dorsum ache whenever I practise a lot of dishes. I prefer to conduct hold my pelvic os rested against the counter thus that I experience comfortable leaning to the front.
I also measured my containers thus that I know how tall my tall my drawers should be. It's non skillful to conduct hold drawers exclusively to honour out later, your containers can't jibe in.
I also measured the meridian of my tallest mass as well as gave the carpenter a minimum meridian to piece of work with.



9. Storage spaces suitably filled according to function.
I identify sauces as well as stone oil inward a slim cabinet at my nutrient prep area. Dry ingredients as well as spices also should live at the same area. Usually inward modern kitchens, the bottles are places inward a depict out wire rack, but it was toooooooooo expensive to live installed. So, I had my 5kg stone oil measured out as well as told the carpenter to practise similar the cheapest way, that is to build shelves, LOL

10. The fridge.
I'm item virtually the door. I don't similar storage on doors to waste matter space. So, I selected my refrigerator based on infinite utilization. My previous fridge, Kelvinator, I hated it, I didn't purchase it, ok. The racks were poorly designed as well as wasted a lot of space. The racks on the doors tin hardly pose a bottle of peanut butter, exclusively jams as well as slim bottles. And thus so wasteful. I hated it.
So far this refrigerator served me well, as well as my wife loves the H2O ice making feature. It creates H2O ice inward exactly 2-3 hours cos there's an air outlet at the H2O ice cubes area.And all the H2O ice cubes comes off easily amongst a twist. Doesn't larn stuck to the container.



11. Location of Oven (added at 3.25pm)
roast pork, the minute y'all opened upwardly the oven door, the kitchen becomes heaven. Foggy! Takes a long fourth dimension for the smoke to dissipate. The menage smells similar 'urggh!'. With that foggy experience of making roast pork, I told myself, the oven must live close the window or the door, thus that the smoke as well as aroma tin locomote away  easily. Or at to the lowest degree close the kitchen hood. If y'all lookout adult man Fresh amongst Anna Olsen or French Cooking at Home amongst Laura Calder, accept notice of their ovens, it's close the door or window.


Another item to consider: Recycling spot
Actually the infinite nether the stove is used to locomote on recyclable items. Since the gas tank is there, it's non prissy to locomote on other things, thus locomote on one-time milk tins, drinking glass botttles, PET bottles as well as plastic bags. You won't desire to peep into the garbage cabinet, LOL. But nosotros practise conduct hold to start recycling, if not, our children volition suffer.

Now, tin y'all imagine the await on my carpenter's confront when he was doing my kitchen? Tension!!! Even drawers conduct hold a designated height! LOL. He told me, this is the most complicated kitchen that he has ever done inward minor town KK, exactly because the repose exactly give him costless mitt whereas I had my ain pattern inward mind.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close