Love To Bake Elvis Presley's Favourite Pound Cake


One of my earliest bookmarked cakes from the internet. It’s been to a greater extent than than three years!

After seeing Honey Bee Sweets making her version of this cake, I knew I shouldn’t await whatsoever longer if I ever accept some whipping cream, too I did, after making Mike's chocolate engima cake. I forced myself to bake this cake, too I had no regrets doing it.

I was surprised yesteryear how this cake rose too and thus cracked. Usually cakes that I did without leavening volition accept a dainty apartment surface. But non this one. It rose at to the lowest degree yesteryear 33% when it was baking too lowered to mayhap but 20% to a greater extent than of it’s prebaked summit when it has cooled.
Another affair is that, when I encounter cakes baked inwards mutual depression temperature ovens, commonly it’s dense too flatter too…but haha, why is mine domed too comes amongst a canyon? I accept no idea.


But for pound cake or butter cake lovers out there, produce crusade this cake. It’s dense, but soft, amongst a dainty tight crumb. All who ate this cake raved most the crumb, how fine too tight it was.
I intend the saccharide hither is but nice, after reduction. I dare non bring down also much equally saccharide house a purpose inwards retaining wet inwards cakes similar this. The master recipe amongst three cups of saccharide (600gm) is but way, way, means also much. Maybe that’s the argue the “King” got heavier after on. The cake however gustatory modality sweet, non overly sweet, nicely sweet. No 1 complained.



Elvis Presley's Favourite Pound Cake
Recipe source : recipes/food/views/Elvis-Presleys-Favorite-Pound-Cake-232642">Epicurious

225gm butter
350gm saccharide (reduced from master recipe of 600gm or three cups)
½ tsp tabular array salt (my butter is salted, thus I reduced the tabular array salt but did non eliminate this equally I commonly volition due to the high saccharide content of the cake)
seven eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
250ml /1 loving cup whipping cream (do non utilisation non dairy)
350gm cake flour

1. Put oven rack inwards middle position, but produce non preheat oven.
2. Generously butter pan too dust amongst flour, knocking out excess flour.
3. Sift together sifted flour too tabular array salt into a bowl. Repeat sifting into some other bowl (flour volition accept been sifted three times total).
4. Beat together butter too saccharide inwards a large bowl amongst an electrical mixer at medium-high speed until pale too fluffy, most v minutes inwards a stand upward mixer fitted amongst paddle attachment or half-dozen to 8 minutes amongst a handheld mixer.
5. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating good after each addition, too thus trounce inwards vanilla. Reduce speed to depression too add together one-half of flour, too thus all of cream, too thus remaining flour, mixing good after each addition. Scrape downward side of bowl, too thus trounce at medium-high speed v minutes(I but trounce for 2 mins). Batter volition larn creamier too satiny.
6. Spoon batter into pan too rap pan against operate surface 1 time or twice to eliminate air bubbles. Place pan inwards (cold) oven too plow oven temperature to 350°F/175C (I used 160Cfor twoscore mins too 150C for the final 20mins)
7. Bake until golden too a wooden choice or skewer inserted inwards middle of cake comes out amongst a few crumbs adhering, 1 to 1 1/4 hours (mine was nicely done at 1 hour). Cool cake inwards pan on a rack thirty minutes. Run a sparse knife but about inner too outer edges of cake, too thus invert rack over pan too invert cake onto rack to cool completely



Butter cake experts out there, tin permit me know why my cake has wet lines? I read somewhere that it was due to the butter too saccharide non good mixed amongst the batter, but I scraped the bowl after each egg, too after each improver of flour. Please permit me know why…..
It ever happens when I brand cakes amongst v eggs too higher upward amongst 1 block of butter. I'm suspecting my eggs are also large.

Want a slice? Bite the screen

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close