Love To Bake Lyanne's Ii Birthday Cakes At 2


Lyanne turned 2 few days dorsum on 31st December 2010.

I made two cakes for my kids usually, 1 to celebrate at myside, the other cake at Mike's side. As both families alive almost 80km away from each other, it's best that nosotros create it twice, rather than to convey everybody travel.

Since Lyanne's birthday is so nigh to Christmas, too there's definately the most people on this twenty-four hours at my home. So, her birthday cake for my side of solid unit of measurement volition ever go on Christmas.

Celebration No.1
Unfortunately, few days before Christmas, both kids, Mike too I all brutal sick. Nothing serious, exactly flu. Runny noses, tired too sleepy. I couldn't locomote downwards to Ipoh to larn the materials I planned to role for her cake this year. Well, lately, she's on pizza craze. Not that she loves eating pizza, but everything apartment too round, she volition telephone band pizza. And she volition tell pizza pizza non stop. It's a humourous scene to run across her beingness so "pizza crazy". So, it gave me the idea of making a pizza cake. But since I got sick, or the whole solid unit of measurement got sick, I can't crusade 40km to larn my ingredients. So, I tried to uncovering them inwards KK, sadly, I can't fifty-fifty larn cherry dragon fruit during those few days. I know it's quite a mutual fruit nowadays, but it seems the bad weather condition too bad timing made the fruit unavailable where I lived.

I couldn't create upwards one's heed on the topic for her cake, since my heed is sad about my "canceled" pizza cake. Plus influenza don't seem to brand my olfactory organ stuffy, but my heed too. Anyway, I exactly only baked iii cake layers. I literally hateful simply. I made the sponge layers yesteryear exactly throwing inwards ingredients. Hahahahaha. The layers are Brown saccharide sponge, chocolate sponge too vanilla sponge. Don't enquire me what I used that day, I can't remember. Hahaha. Looking at the sponge layers, its 8pm on Christmas Eve. What shall I do??? Besides her pizza craze, she is crazy about flowers. But the employment amongst KK is that fresh flowers are non easily found. I can't brand her a bloom pot cake. The adjacent best affair volition bugs,spiders and butterflies. Then I of a abrupt idea of using candies too chocolate to brand the bugs, too develop them inwards a garden. Immediately I called out to Mike to larn downstairs too purchase me some peanut M&M's. Yes, it's actually "go downwards too buy". Haha. There are iii grocery stores few doors away, nonetheless opened upwards at that time, 8pm!!! No M&M's, but solely local copycat versions called NIPS, too well, it's exactly the hold back that is important, tastewise, develop aside first!!

I apace made some buttercream, every bit I am actually worried almost tinting dairy cream too frosting, every bit what happened amongst my Carousel Cake, the cream won't stand upwards the oestrus from my mitt every bit I piping it for a few minutes. But still, existent buttercream(not shortening or margarine) laden isn't all that also friendly too, specially when the cream was pushed through fine nozzles. Friction too forcefulness seem to melt it too!!! But that's almost at the destination of it where my mitt has been squeezing too squeezing the piping bag. Grass is no tardily feat to do! I used to think that grass is tardily peasy. But hahaha, it's not. Mine looked similar they've been runned yesteryear a crazy lawnmower, left too right. And then, I ran out of buttercream, amongst a patch inwards the middle!!!! Aiyayaya!!! What to do? Make a pond then!! But using what? Jelly? Piping gel? Nah, no fourth dimension for those, too all shops are closed yesteryear now. I too then remembered a cake deco method inwards mass I read, coloured sugar!!! It's exactly regular saccharide rubbed amongst gel nutrient colouring. Simple too pretty.

I finished the cake yesteryear 11pm. Just inwards fourth dimension to construct clean upwards too ship the kids to bed. I had to select care of a skillful night's sleep, waking upwards a lot before than green to locomote abode for Christmas.

Here are some of the bugs

A bee

A Spider, Lyanne's favourite põrnikas on the cake

Dragonfly

Butterfly, LOL, wings also short

And wordings on her cake,



The adjacent day, after the solid unit of measurement Christmas Luncheon, nosotros planned to caput to my Big Aunt's identify for presents time, too cutting the cake there. But my mom insisted nosotros cutting the cake at the restaurant, cos my mom's sis inwards law happened to be there, so, she wanted to overstep her some cake. Everybody was so so total amongst food, so, oklor, exactly sing vocal too blow candles. The kids were "Aww" too the adults went "This is a concluding infinitesimal cake??? Can't believe it". Lyanne could recognise all the bugs I made, which means, non a also shabby job. Hahahaha, good worth the essay :p


But the kids insisted on eating the cake after the candles. The kids didn't swallow much of the proper food, so, they had room for cake, but non the adults. In short, everybody loved the cake, but constitute the chocolate-brown saccharide layer a flake dry, possibly I gauge I chilled that layer inwards the refrigerator without roofing too at that topographic point was no liquid inwards that sponge, the other layes I added some milk.




Celebration No.2

One calendar week later, I planned for some other celebration on Mike's side. Last year, when Lyanne turned one, I didn't create her a proper birthday political party amongst nutrient too guests. It was exactly a elementary candle blowing session every bit my sis inwards constabulary came back, too everybody so so busy, every weekend booked total too at that topographic point was no fourth dimension to mash inwards anything. I felt bad that somehow Lydia's 1st , 2nd and 3rd had few parties to become amongst it. I must hand Lyanne a political party this time. She mightiness go born at a fourth dimension where everybody is busy, but that's no excuse for me every bit a Mom. So, I called upwards their ex-nanny, Mike's unopen relatives too a skillful friend of Mike happened to go inwards town. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 elementary political party it maybe, but improve than none.


Ee-Sync, u improve buckle up, Alfred is your rigid competitor!!
Lyanne is playing amongst Bernice

I made a few elementary dishes for her party
1. Curry Fried Rice Vermicelli
2. Dried Scallop Fried Rice
3. Roasted Lemongrass Chicken
4. Grilled pork cocktail sausages
5. Pomegranate Cream Cheese Orange Salad
6. Osmanthus Konnyaku Jelly
7. Taro Sago Ice Dessert
8. Homemade Roselle Rose Cordial (skipped the rose every bit some may non similar it)


too of course, a cake, a PIZZA CAKE!! Finally.

But to my dismay, my super imaginative girl, Lydia couldn't figure out the cake. Usually she volition hand names to cakes when she looks at it the start time, but non this one. She looked too looked too kept quiet. Urrrghh!!!
Somehow I felt I failed this time, if Lydia cannot figure out the cake, so can't Lyanne. Truly enough, when it's fourth dimension to blow candles, Lyanne wasn't screaming "Pizza" when she saw it. Urrghh!!! Fail, fail, fail. Even until today, Lydia won't telephone band the cake Pizza cake. She volition tell dragon fruit too kiwi cake. Even the guests who were present, they solely knew it was a pizza when I told them. See how badly I failed inwards my mission of creating a pizza cake that would brand my daughter scream amongst delight. Taste wise, everybody loved it. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 flake sweetness from the "tomato" sauce, but nonetheless ok. The "tomato sauce wasn't that sweetness when I made it, but somehow gotten sweeter every bit it cooled down. Weird right?


As for recipes, some of my guests asked me whether these volition go on my blog. I cooked similar a mad adult woman that twenty-four hours every bit I had to assist for my girls, brand them nap, bathe them, construct clean them, feed them. So, I didn't stair out my ingredients, didn't weigh nor using proper spoons. I exactly dumped materials in. I had to rush for time. Even the cake could solely go done on that twenty-four hours itself, every bit the dragon fruit volition stain everything if I made it also early. The cake couldn't go baked before every bit good every bit at that topographic point is no where I tin proceed a fourteen inch cake without drying it out or exposing it to ants. My DH, where was he? He exactly did his ain stuff, napped every bit he pleased. Men, men, men.



Some were erstwhile recipes too some were new, similar the curry rice vermicelli too the salad. The salad was real good, fifty-fifty my almost-carnivore Mike ate two platefulls of it.
It was a super tiring twenty-four hours too I blacked out the minute I landed on my bed. I'm not the regular adult woman that I was, I'm to a greater extent than lethargic now. I may go at xviii weeks now, but the 2d trimester doesn't seem to hand me that much of liberate energy compared to the previous two pregnancies.
But it was all worth it.

Recipe for Pizza Cake volition go out tomorrow. This ship service is getting also long!!!
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close