Love To Bake Rock Fruit Tea Cake




No no… this cake is non difficult similar stone. Stone fruits are fruits that incorporate 1 difficult seed inwards the middle as well as peaches, cherries, nectarines, plum, apricots are rock fruits. Mangoes as well as avocadoes, although seem to accept alone 1 seed inwards the middle are non rock fruits.

I had some blueberries from my MIL’s Japanese cotton wool cheesecake, as well as I don’t desire to brand muffins, nor pancakes. I am non thinking of crumbles because I create non accept plenty of it as well as buying some other punnet is expensive, real expensive. Yeah, I’m a miser. RM15 for 1 loving cup of blueberries. I tin accept 3 lunches amongst RM15.

So I searched as well as searched online.. as well as this  looked interesting. Puddles of batter strewn over the cake, amongst fruits peeking from underneath. Unlike a crumble, dissimilar a cobbler, dissimilar a fruit pastry cake.. this looks interesting.

You tin utilisation whatever rock fruit that y'all like, but brand certain that it’s non likewise ripe. One site I read, said she used peaches that were likewise ripe, as well as it caused the cake base of operations to live damp. So, I approximate canned peaches are out of the league, since those are ultra moist as well as wet. And some other site also said no to strawberries equally they are likewise juicy. I didn’t run into whatever fresh peaches or apricots when I went shopping yesterday, hence I reconstituted some dried apricots amongst orangish juice. Changed the vanilla to orangish zest.


The cake looked lovely when baked, as well as truthful enough, the plums added a pinkish purple musical note to the cake, the pare bled as well as instruct inwards await existent nice. The reconstituted apricots were actually sweet, literally. I intend if fresh ones were used, the whole cake won’t live hence sweet. Overall, I honey this cake, as well as I’ll brand this 1 time to a greater extent than when I run into fresh peaches or apricots around, as well as I won’t live flavouring the dough amongst orange, but amongst vanilla, only similar the master copy recipe states. I used orangish this fourth dimension because I reconstituted the apricots amongst orangish juice, if y'all desire to utilisation vanilla, delight only utilisation H2O to reconstitute the dried apricots. I don’t hateful that orangish isn’t overnice here, it’s nice, but I’d desire to endeavor the master copy version the adjacent time.

Stone Fruits Tea Cake Recipe
1 Tbsp butter (for greasing pan)
150gm all utilisation flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
100gm carbohydrate (can live reduced to 80gm, I used dried apricots equally filling as well as I establish it the whole cake a combat sweeter than I’d prefer it)
80gm butter
1 + ½ egg
1 Tbsp orangish zest
1 Tbsp dark-brown sugar
75gm dried apricots (about 12) soaked overnight inwards 75ml orangish juice
1 dark plum, diced
70gm blueberries


1. Whisk the flour, baking powder, as well as tabular array salt together inwards a bowl. With a mixer, cream the carbohydrate as well as butter together on medium-high speed for 3 to v minutes, until lite as well as fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, scraping downward the sides of the bowl afterwards each addition, as well as hence stir inwards the orangish zest..
2. Add the flour inwards 2 or 3 shifts, mixing only until a shine dough forms. It volition live pretty soft still. Dollop it out onto ii pieces of plastic wrap, making 1 mound of dough slightly larger than the other. Wrap the dough blobs inwards the plastic as well as shape them into apartment discs. Place on a baking canvass as well as stick them inwards the freezer for xxx minutes. While waiting, create as well as cutting your fruits.
3. Preheat the oven to 160/180C. Butter a shallow, 8-inch baking dish or tart pan Take the slightly bigger package of dough as well as press it downward onto the bottom of the pan. Scatter the fruit over the dough. Break the 2nd disc of dough into tsp size balls as well as scatter them over the fruit. It volition await charming no affair how fifty-fifty the blobs are, hence don't worry likewise much close getting them perfect.
4. Bake for xxx to xl minutes (I baked for 35), or until lightly golden as well as firm. Cool for xxx minutes earlier serving.

Wrapped inwards plastic wrap, this tea cake volition die on at room temperature for upwardly to 3 days. You tin also freeze the unbaked dough; if wrapped well, it volition die on for upwardly to 3 months. You tin freeze a whole, unbaked cake amongst fruit, wrapped good for 1 month.



Adapted from these ii sites:
https://monthlydelicious.blogspot.com/search?q=japanese-cotton-cheesecake-with-fresh
And here’s a gluten costless version: http://makingromaroma.com/2009/09/10/rustic-tea-cake-gluten-free/

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close