Love To Bake Steamed Banana Cake


Don’t tell I didn’t warn u. If u retrieve that this is a tender soft cake, nope it is not. Not fifty-fifty when it's fresh from the steamer.

This doesn’t comprise whatever fossil oil (no yolks, no oil, no butter, what then ever)
It’s bouncy alongside a seize alongside teeth to it. I won’t tell it’s dense.. non til that stage. Just that, non soft similar a sponge, non dense similar a brownie 

I ate approximately other slice hours later, in addition to notwithstanding the texture was the same, same meant, no hardening, which is adept for steamed cakes.
I adapted this recipe from a magazine, Happy Kitchen that my mom bought.
She buys it, I brand it, equally always

100gm bananas
60gm sugar
70gm egg white (from ii eggs)
1 Tbsp water
80gm cake flour
20gm corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp sodium bicarbonate

1. Prepare ur steamer/wok, position H2O inwards in addition to convey to a boil.
2. Sift flours alongside baking pulverisation in addition to sodium bicarb, ready aside.
3. Put bananas in addition to saccharide into bowl in addition to vanquish alongside a mixer until mashed in addition to creamy.
4. With a mitt whisk, whisk inwards egg whites in addition to H2O .
5. Put inwards sifted flours in addition to whisk until only smooth.
6. Put batter into lined steaming cups until 90% full.
7. Steam on medium oestrus for vi minutes. (As per the recipe. But I steamed my s batch on high heat, in addition to the texture was slightly softer than the 1st batch on medium heat)

The master copy recipe called for liquid glucose, in addition to I omitted it, scared that it’ll brand the batter likewise sweet. But the principal argue was that, I don’t accept it at domicile that time. Well, I could e'er substitute it alongside golden syrup that I notwithstanding accept lots, but nah… let’s endeavor it without. U tin add together inwards 30gm of liquid glucose into the batter.

Maybe side yesteryear side fourth dimension I should position inwards approximately fossil oil or melted butter… Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Tablespoon or 2, only to teach inwards softer.

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close