Spicy Pork & Vegetable Tofu – Likely Non Mapo Tofu

This mightiness await similar I was trying to brand a version of a famous Chinese dish called mapo tofu, precisely that's non the case, together with inwards fact, I'm pretty certain I was making this earlier I knew what mapo tofu was. And immediately that I’ve addressed the people that were going to complain this isn’t authentic, nosotros tin give the sack continue.

I'm assuming that whatever I did larn this persuasion from was most probable a version of mapo, precisely that's equally far equally it goes. Which reminds me, this is a corking recipe to conform to your ain tastes, non exclusively amongst the sauce ingredients, precisely too inwards regards to what vegetables yous include.

Zucchini is our favorite, particularly if yous accept the extra xv minutes to common salt it, precisely pretty much whatsoever dice-able seasonal vegetables volition shine. So, delight maintain this 1 inwards heed equally yous browse the farmers market, precisely no affair what yous set in, I actually create promise yous a give this delicious tofu dish a endeavor soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for iv Portions:
1 1/4 pounds terra firma pork
1 pound theatre tofu, cubed (my bundle was xiv ounces)
handful of sliced greenish onions
minced hot chili peppers, equally much equally yous like
3 modest zucchini, cubed, toss amongst 1 tablespoon kosher common salt (rinse afterward xv minutes)
freshly chopped cilantro to complete
sliced greenish onions for the top

For the sauce:
3 tablespoons Korean chili glue aka Gochujang, or other chili glue production to gustation (click hither to read a piddling to a greater extent than nearly Gochujang)
1/3 loving cup rice vinegar
1/4 loving cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close