Fresh Fig Together With Caprine Animal Cheese…Tart?

There are worse problems inwards the kitchen than making something that tastes amazing, but is rattling hard to name. Like, for example, something that’s slow to name, but tastes terrible. Luckily, this fresh fig in addition to caprine animal cheese “tart” was the former.

I wanted to brand some variety of crostata, or galette-type, free-form tart, which I’ve done successfully inwards the by (and convey the video to examine it), but instead of using criterion pie crust dough, I decided to assay something a petty to a greater extent than rustic, in addition to savory, using spelt flour in addition to olive oil.

I knew this would dyad beautifully amongst the sugariness fruit, in addition to tangy cheese, but what I didn’t know, was that it would halt upwards beingness agency every bit good crumbly, in addition to pretty much useless every bit a tart crust. So, I crumbled it into the bottom of a shallow ramekin, in addition to the balance is history.

As predicted, the combination of flavors actually worked extraordinarily well, in addition to the somewhat gritty texture of the “crust,” added to the interest. But, what the heck is this? I don’t intend it’s a tart. An upside-down crumble? Sandy tart? I plough over up, but if y'all convey some fourth dimension to kill, I’d dear to know what y'all would telephone telephone this delicious accident. Semantics aside, I promise y'all plough over this a assay soon. Enjoy!


For  the crust (makes plenty for almost four small-scale tarts):
1 loving cup sprouted spelt flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp sugar
1/4 loving cup olive oil
3 or four tbsp water, or plenty to cast a crumbly dough

For i “tart:”
about 1/3 loving cup “crust” mixture
2 ounces creamy fresh caprine animal cheese
1 dark mission fig, sliced
tiny pinch of salt
very tiny pinch of cayenne
1 tbsp white sugar
spring of fresh lemon thyme
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close